Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Quick and dirty solution to .icpp problem... (Quick and dirty solution to .icpp problem...)
Quick and dirty solution to .icpp problem... [message #59743] Fri, 31 March 2023 12:38 Go to next message
unknown user
Well, as it seem the "I do not like theide, give me a .lib" topic has returned once again, here is the simple dirty proposal how to solve the problem:

I am willing to add to each .icpp file a dummy empty registration routine. E.g. into CtrlLib.icpp, I would insert.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 April 2023 07:04] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Quick and dirty solution to .icpp problem... [message #59744 is a reply to message #59743] Sat, 01 April 2023 17:03 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
williumn6941 wrote on Fri, 31 March 2023 12:38
Well, as it seem the "I do not like theide, give me a .lib" topic has returned once again, here is the simple dirty proposal how to solve the problem:

I am willing to add to each .icpp file a dummy empty registration routine. E.g. into CtrlLib.icpp, I would insert.

Actually, .icpp issue was already solved.

I mean, .icpp is still supported by build system (and e.g. some of my applications are using it), but it is no longer required by U++.

Small downside is that you have to #include all packages somehow. E.g. you have to put #include <plugin/tif/tif.h> into your application main file directly or indirectly in order to your main .cpp file - this will bring in the correct initialization code.
Previous Topic: TheIDE and clang-tidy
Next Topic: styling of widgets ( animation / look and feel)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:09:41 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05677 seconds