Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Build U++ with CMake and Clang Example
Build U++ with CMake and Clang Example [message #59982] Fri, 30 June 2023 22:42 Go to next message
devilsclaw is currently offline  devilsclaw
Due to how my work flow is I prefer using CMake to generate the build environment.

I have tested this both on Linux and Windows.

For linux you will need to install the developer files for. x11 xinerama xft xdmcp fontconfig xcb xext gtk+-3.0 expat libpng libjpeg dbus-1 libnotify libzstd libtiff-4

There is a script directory with windows and a linux directory.

For windows you will need to run the build.cmd twice on the first build so that the directory generates and it will error the first time. second time everything will work. You will also need to install cmake in windows and have it add its self to the path

This is able to build 90% of all tutorials, references, and examples. I could get to to do more but it already works for what I need it to do.

The windows and linux files are the same other than the fact the the end character in the text files.

Linux: ultimatepp_cmake.tar.bz2

Windows: ultimatepp_cmake.zip
Re: Build U++ with CMake and Clang Example [message #59983 is a reply to message #59982] Fri, 30 June 2023 22:46 Go to previous message
devilsclaw is currently offline  devilsclaw
NOTES:

This currently build everything statically but it would be easy to make it build as a dll or shared linux lib.

The windows version currently build for 32bit but its easy to change to 64bit but you will need to get the correct clang compiler to do it.

Plugin: FTP is not compiled with this due to it being GPL and would force all projects to GPL instead of BSD friendly

This also builds with debug information and the generated a debug file for debugging and then strips it out which normally generate a 5 to 6mb exe file in windows

[Updated on: Fri, 30 June 2023 22:52]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: styling of widgets ( animation / look and feel)
Next Topic: Value with type float
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 01:34:08 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 3.00449 seconds