Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » How umk is built under windows ?
How umk is built under windows ? [message #60284] Fri, 10 November 2023 17:54 Go to next message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
Hello community,

For some reason I need to clone U++ under windows and I want to build umk from scratch. It seems their is no CMake, only Makefile. Am I supposed to use Mingw64 to build umk ?
How current windows release is compiled ?

Thanks in advance

Xemuth
Re: How umk is built under windows ? [message #60286 is a reply to message #60284] Sun, 12 November 2023 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hi Xemuth

Maybe the simplest way to compile umk is with the copy of umk that you can download from U++ Download web.
Please tell me if you need additional info.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: How umk is built under windows ? [message #60287 is a reply to message #60284] Sun, 12 November 2023 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Xemuth,

Yes, I agree with Koldo. The easiest way is to copy UMK binary for U++ distribtion (.zip file). Alternativly, if you want to build UMK from scratch you can do it directly from TheIDE. Just select uppsrc assembly and then umk. After building it in release mode just copy the binary whenever you want.

Makefile is mostly for Linux. You can for example clone our repository and then run "make" command "make -f umkMakefile.in -j ${NUMBER_OF_CPUS}". We are currently duing it in our CI/CD. Here is the link to the line which is responsible for building UMK from makefile.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: How umk is built under windows ? [message #60290 is a reply to message #60286] Mon, 13 November 2023 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
Hello Koldo and Klugier,

Yes of course I could use UMK binary downloaded from internet. but I presume you have on your CI/CD a job dedicated to windows, Do this job rely on an existing Umk binary to build TheIDE ? What compilers are used in this job ? I am just wondering if I can just clone src from git and build whatever I want from source by building umk first under windows.

Thanks for your time.
Best regard.

Xemuth
Re: How umk is built under windows ? [message #60291 is a reply to message #60290] Mon, 13 November 2023 08:26 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hi Xemuth

In my case I don't do the automatic CI/CD of U++ tools from scratch.
With the previous version of umk, all the tools are compiled and tested.
In this process, after compiling umk, the old one is replaced with the new one.

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: A temporary solution to garbled code in U++applications built through MSVC
Next Topic: Porting upp Core to ESPE32/FreeRTOS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 00:51:47 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05471 seconds