Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Current porting state?
Re: Current porting state? [message #5321 is a reply to message #5320] Wed, 13 September 2006 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lundman is currently offline  lundman
Experienced Member

Doesn't the ide "do something" when you first start it up? Maybe I managed to skip that step somehow?

----- HelloWorld ( GUI MAIN GCC32 DEBUG SHARED DEBUG_FULL BLITZ OSX ) (2 / 2)
cd /Users/lundman/upp/examples/HelloWorld
hello.cpp
c++ -c  -I"/Users/lundman/upp/examples" -I"/Users/lundman/upp/uppsrc" -I"/usr/local/includ
    e/freetype2/" -I"/usr/X11R6/include" -I"lion" -DflagGUI -DflagMAIN -DflagGCC32 -DflagD
    EBUG -DflagSHARED -DflagDEBUG_FULL -DflagBLITZ -DflagOSX -DbmYEAR=2006 -DbmMONTH=9 -Db
    mDAY=13 -DbmHOUR=19 -DbmMINUTE=55 -DbmSECOND=13 -m32 -ggdb -g2  -D_DEBUG -O0 -Dloff_t=
    off_t -Dlseek64=lseek -Dftruncate64=ftruncate -x c++ "/Users/lundman/upp/examples/Hell
    oWorld/hello.cpp" -o "/Users/lundman/upp/out/HelloWorld/GCC32.Debug_full.Gui.Main.Shar
    ed/hello.o"
/Users/lundman/upp/examples/HelloWorld/hello.cpp:1:29: error: CtrlLib/CtrlLib.h: No such file or directory

Sorry about the paste, it's hard to copy'paste with U++, vnc, NetBSD and Windows.

Re: Current porting state? [message #5322 is a reply to message #5321] Wed, 13 September 2006 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

Bah crap, ignore all that. Best never speak of it again.
Re: Current porting state? [message #5323 is a reply to message #5322] Wed, 13 September 2006 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
lundman wrote on Wed, 13 September 2006 07:05

Bah crap, ignore all that. Best never speak of it again.

Yes? That sounds scary... Smile
Re: Current porting state? [message #5324 is a reply to message #5323] Wed, 13 September 2006 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

Nah, upp/uppsrc symlink was just "somewhat off".

Now I have the issue that I exported the Makefile for the ide on NetBSD, so its brought "-O" to ld, which wont work.. just got to track down where that -O comes from and it should link ok.
Re: Current porting state? [message #5325 is a reply to message #5324] Wed, 13 September 2006 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
I am loosing the track:)

Are you using makefile or TheIDE to build?
Re: Current porting state? [message #5326 is a reply to message #5325] Wed, 13 September 2006 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

The IDE now, building HelloWorld. The build environment is pretty messed up, but I removed any -O I could see. Still pulls it in from somewhere

Re: Current porting state? [message #5327 is a reply to message #5326] Wed, 13 September 2006 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
What is wrong with -O ?
Re: Current porting state? [message #5328 is a reply to message #5326] Wed, 13 September 2006 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

Ok CppBuilder.cpp needed changes for OSX and it actually links HelloWorld, but back to the corfes before. So it sets wrong CPU/Arch, so I need more changes in GccBuilder and CppBuilder. But I know what to do, so I should be ok to clean that up tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.. still needs a little tweaking but its usable.

Oh and ide cores when you exit.

Re: Current porting state? [message #5329 is a reply to message #5327] Wed, 13 September 2006 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Wed, 13 September 2006 21:10

What is wrong with -O ?

The -f,-O, and --start-group linker options are no good. I had to remove them from Makefile at the start as well. "ld" is not gcc on OsX.

But got past that.
Re: Current porting state? [message #5330 is a reply to message #5320] Wed, 13 September 2006 15:36 Go to previous message
Experienced Member

Right there we are. SOlved that, patched CppBuilder to also add flagPPC and for now flagUSEMALLOC. Should they not carry across automagically?

HelloWorld compiles and run:

http://netbsd.interq.or.jp/~lundman/osx4.jpg

For fun I compiled our own FTP/FXP client:

http://netbsd.interq.or.jp/~lundman/osx5.jpg
http://netbsd.interq.or.jp/~lundman/osx6.jpg

Pretty usable, just a lot of gfx corruptions. Most noticable on BuildEnvironment, and PackageOrganiser.

Previous Topic: SO for Draw, Esc and other packages
Next Topic: C strings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:52:41 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02846 seconds