Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » TopWindow&PopUp, TrayIcon » Tester Needed for trayicon for linux version 0.1
icon5.gif  Tester Needed for trayicon for linux version 0.1 [message #5511] Thu, 28 September 2006 19:50 Go to next message
3togo is currently offline  3togo
I have ported mbtray into U++. Though it is still in a very early stage of development, I still wish someone to tell me whether the present script is working or not.

Steps to test:
tar jxvf trayicon.tar.bz2 
cd trayicon
make
cd out/trayicon/GCC32-Gcc32-Gui-Linux-Main-Shared/
./trayicon

ps. you might need to modify the Makefile if your upp directory is not ~/upp

Many thanks.

Re: Tester Needed for trayicon for linux version 0.1 [message #5516 is a reply to message #5511] Fri, 29 September 2006 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomesas is currently offline  nicomesas
Experienced Member
In my ubuntu 606, the executable does not work. The console shows this message

./trayicon: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./trayicon)

I tried to compile the package, but the compiler does not find "libmb/mbconfig.h"

Nico
Re: Tester Needed for trayicon for linux version 0.1 [message #5522 is a reply to message #5516] Fri, 29 September 2006 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your reply.

I have modified the codes. I wish that it would work this time.

nicomesas wrote on Fri, 29 September 2006 05:31

In my ubuntu 606, the executable does not work. The console shows this message

./trayicon: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./trayicon)

I tried to compile the package, but the compiler does not find "libmb/mbconfig.h"

Nico

Re: Tester Needed for trayicon for linux version 0.1 [message #5523 is a reply to message #5522] Fri, 29 September 2006 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
The line 1136 of mbtray.c
XK_q is not defined!!
case KeyPress:
/*Close the program if q is pressed.*/
if (XK_q == XLookupKeysym (&xevent->xkey, 0)) {
  exit (EXIT_SUCCESS);
}
break;	

I comented this secction, but program doesn't do nothing. Debuger Stops in function 'mb_pixbuf_img_scale' file mbpixbuf.c line 1785

Nico
Re: Tester Needed for trayicon for linux version 0.1 [message #5524 is a reply to message #5523] Fri, 29 September 2006 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have added some extra debug codes so as to facilitate the debugging process. Hope it will help.

Sad

3togo

nicomesas wrote on Fri, 29 September 2006 11:35

The line 1136 of mbtray.c
XK_q is not defined!!
case KeyPress:
/*Close the program if q is pressed.*/
if (XK_q == XLookupKeysym (&xevent->xkey, 0)) {
  exit (EXIT_SUCCESS);
}
break;	

I comented this secction, but program doesn't do nothing. Debuger Stops in function 'mb_pixbuf_img_scale' file mbpixbuf.c line 1785

Nico

Re: Tester Needed for trayicon for linux version 0.1 [message #5525 is a reply to message #5524] Fri, 29 September 2006 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Now it compile, but explotes in function

MBPixbufImage *
mb_pixbuf_img_scale(MBPixbuf *pb, MBPixbufImage *img, 
		    int new_width, int new_height)
{

in file mbpixbuf.c

Segmentation Fault (I think, in spanish is "fallo de segmentación")

img value is 0x0 Confused

The error is because the global variable 'AppImage' is Null.
The problem is in function mb_pixbuf_img_new_from_file because the image need to be a .xpm file!!! ( see line number 1341 to 1371 of mbpixbuf.c)

Nico
Re: Tester Needed for trayicon for linux version 0.1 [message #5526 is a reply to message #5525] Fri, 29 September 2006 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Once fixed this, it leaves the icon next to the date!

index.php?t=getfile&id=276&private=0

Nico
  • Attachment: tryIcon.png
    (Size: 10.88KB, Downloaded 2147 times)
Re: Tester Needed for trayicon for linux version 0.1 [message #5527 is a reply to message #5526] Fri, 29 September 2006 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Many thanks... but I still can't catch what u meant of "once fixed". What have u fixed? The program should support any .jpg, .png & .xpm files.

Have u installed libpng-dev ?

jc@jc-desktop:~$ pkg-config --list-all |grep libpng
libpng                      libpng12 - Loads and saves PNG files
libpng12                    libpng12 - Loads and saves PNG files

3togo

nicomesas wrote on Fri, 29 September 2006 14:30

Once fixed this, it leaves the icon next to the date!

index.php?t=getfile&id=276&private=0

Nico

[Updated on: Fri, 29 September 2006 22:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tester Needed for trayicon for linux version 0.1 [message #5543 is a reply to message #5527] Mon, 02 October 2006 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Friday was in a hurry and simply I paid attention that debuger it did not happen through the lines that put #ifdef USE_PNG, then what I did went to change the format to some_image.png by xpm with gimp and then worked. Rolling Eyes

Now that I am more relaxed, I have verified that indeed I have libpng-dev installed and what it happened simply is that USE_PNG and USE_JPG were not defined. I have added to the definition to the mbpixbuf and now the orignal icon (png) is put correctly in the zone that corresponds to him.

What I do not see if has some menu, if click reacts.... If it has it to not it works me. And if the run directly from a console, I must finish it with kill TrayIcon. Confused

Nico
Re: Tester Needed for trayicon for linux version 0.1 [message #5546 is a reply to message #5543] Mon, 02 October 2006 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

I'm really interested in tray icon in linux as I started to port my ultimate player to linux. The only question I have is if your code support both gnome and kde?
Re: Tester Needed for trayicon for linux version 0.1 [message #5547 is a reply to message #5546] Mon, 02 October 2006 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I am new in this to program for linux. Work with Ubuntu, and use gnome, but the modification that I have done is tremendously simple. I have only added these lines
/* mbpixbuf.c 
 * Copyright (C) 2002 Matthew Allum
 * Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.
 */

#define _GNU_SOURCE

// start added lines
#define USE_PNG
#define USE_JPG
// end added lines !!

#include <strings.h>
#include "mbpixbuf.h"
#ifdef USE_PNG
#include <png.h>
#endif

To my also I would like to be able to have available TrayIcon in Ultimate++, I believe that she would be of much utility.

Nico
Re: Tester Needed for trayicon for linux version 0.1 [message #5646 is a reply to message #5546] Fri, 06 October 2006 23:35 Go to previous message
I have revised the code and trayicon for linux should now work both in KDE and Gnome.

Details refer to link below
http://www.arilect.com/upp/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=56 45&#msg_5645

unodgs wrote on Mon, 02 October 2006 17:04

I'm really interested in tray icon in linux as I started to port my ultimate player to linux. The only question I have is if your code support both gnome and kde?

Previous Topic: Object Hierarchy
Next Topic: [Solved][TrayIcon for Linux] Help needed to merge two eventloops
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:36:09 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01002 seconds