Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Help: custom build
Help: custom build [message #6307] Mon, 06 November 2006 06:48 Go to next message
mobilehunter is currently offline  mobilehunter
Hi,

I just try Ultimate++ last week, i want to create a GUI for my console app.

One of my files is an .asm file, which i compile using nasm under custom build at VisualStudio IDE, and the IDE will link the object with the rest of normal cpp object automatically.

How to do the same thing with Ultimate++?

Thanks,
Reza
Re: Help: custom build [message #6308 is a reply to message #6307] Mon, 06 November 2006 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fallingdutch is currently offline  fallingdutch
Experienced Member
Hello Reza,

as far as I know (never used it) you can do this with custom Build steps (Press F1 for Help and go to "TheIDE help"->"Congfiguring Packages and Assemblies"->"Custom Build Steps"

right click in the upper part and choose "Append Row", give it a name and tell it the extension (.asm, i guess).
In the next part enter the command you want to be run (have a look at the screenshot in the Help)
at last tell TheIDE which files will be created by that build step.

I don't know wether you have to add something to your package configuration so TheIde will use your output.

Good luck,
Bas
Re: Help: custom build [message #6310 is a reply to message #6308] Mon, 06 November 2006 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply,
I just try with hardcoded value for directory input,output,filename etc. the invoked nasm form TheIDE++ can compile the .asm file.

Below is the command from VS IDE:
nasm -f win32 -DPREFIX -I $(InputDir)\ -o "$(IntDir)\$(InputName)".obj "$(InputPath)"
Translated to plain english below:
nasm -f win32 -DPREFIX -I c:\Work\MyProject\asm\\ -o "Debug\myasmfile".obj "c:\Work\MyProject\asm\myasmfile.asm"

How to achive the samething with TheIDE++?
Re: Help: custom build [message #6311 is a reply to message #6308] Mon, 06 November 2006 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
fallingdutch wrote on Mon, 06 November 2006 01:14

I don't know wether you have to add something to your package configuration so TheIde will use your output.

You have to list output files - those of them with the right extension (.cpp/.c/.lib/.obj) are processed into executable.

Mirek
Re: Help: custom build [message #6312 is a reply to message #6310] Mon, 06 November 2006 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
mobilehunter wrote on Mon, 06 November 2006 02:29

nasm -f win32 -DPREFIX -I $(InputDir)\ -o "$(IntDir)\$(InputName)".obj "$(InputPath)"

It is quite similar for custom build steps - you put above into "Commands" pane (of course, $(InputDir) etc variables are different, there are buttons in dialog that list all options).

You have to put "$(IntDir)\$(InputName)".obj equivalent - which actually is

"$(OUTDIR)/$(FILE).obj"

into output files section.

Mirek

P.S.: We should perhaps consider adding direct .asm support to U++ builders - the only question is how to do that reasonable compiler and platform independent...

Does nasm support mingw? Does it work in Linux?
Re: Help: custom build [message #6317 is a reply to message #6312] Mon, 06 November 2006 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi thanks Mirek,

I didn't see the button.
Now i can use some variables for TheIDE++.
I use "$(OUTDIR)/$(TITLE).obj" instead.

I haven't try nasm with linux. But i guess it works.

Re: Help: custom build [message #39010 is a reply to message #6317] Wed, 06 February 2013 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello all

Sorry for recycling this old post.

I have tried to compile an asm file without success. I include you the custom build steps.

Are they ok?

index.php?t=getfile&id=4050&private=0
  • Attachment: div.jpg
    (Size: 57.26KB, Downloaded 482 times)

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: Help: custom build [message #39012 is a reply to message #39010] Wed, 06 February 2013 14:57 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Why do not you activate verbose mode?

Mirek
Previous Topic: Using BLITZ in release mode
Next Topic: Hex numbers in the debugger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:58:29 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01288 seconds