Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » LineEdit, EditFields, DocEdit » Bug "Self-invalidating time in EditTime"?
Bug "Self-invalidating time in EditTime"? [message #6568] Sat, 18 November 2006 22:21 Go to next message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
I have a ParentCtrl and on it an EditTime.

I enter "12" into EditTime. The Ctrl's background stays white which should indicate that this value is to be accepted.

When I leave this control the "12" is replaced by "11/18/2006 12:00:00" which makes absolutely sense: today's date and 12 hours 0 minutes and 0 seconds.

But at the same time the background turns red indicating that this will not be accepted! Indeed trying to leave the application results in the error message "Invalid date/time:invalid character '/' following date/time." (It goes without saying that there is no '/' following, at least not a visible one.)

Am I missing something?

Werner

Re: Bug "Self-invalidating time in EditTime"? [message #6577 is a reply to message #6568] Sun, 19 November 2006 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exolon is currently offline  exolon
I'm not sure about the '/'... sounds like maybe it's a locale/date format problem? It certainly caused me some grief Smile

Maybe it sees "2006 12:00:00" and expects it to be just the year, rejects it and thus considers the previous '/' as the start of garbage.
Re: Bug "Self-invalidating time in EditTime"? [message #6579 is a reply to message #6577] Sun, 19 November 2006 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
exolon wrote on Sun, 19 November 2006 14:22

I'm not sure about the '/'... sounds like maybe it's a locale/date format problem? It certainly caused me some grief Smile

Maybe it sees "2006 12:00:00" and expects it to be just the year, rejects it and thus considers the previous '/' as the start of garbage.

I don't use any specific locale. So the date format should be the American English one "MM.DD.YYYY".

The problem is that the control seems to recognize the value correctly. After all it shows the correct date (in American English format) plus the entered time. But then it invalidates this value although it seems to be absolutely correct.

Werner
Re: Bug "Self-invalidating time in EditTime"? [message #6582 is a reply to message #6568] Sun, 19 November 2006 15:58 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
No, but U++ is (was) missing correct implementation of ConvertTime...

Now fixed.

Mirek
Previous Topic: lostfocus
Next Topic: Bug in "EditField derived classes" documentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:16:02 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02126 seconds