FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » TopWindow&PopUp, TrayIcon » Borderless TopWindow
Borderless TopWindow [message #6606] Mon, 20 November 2006 13:22 Go to next message
WebChaot is currently offline  WebChaot
Hi all!

I tried to create a borderless, fullsized TopWindow. It should stay in front - and also hide the taskbar from windows. There should be no possibility to close that window (no title bar - no Alt F4) - except with the application close button.

I tried something with popup - but i was unable to popup the main window (task button in task bar appears - but no visible window Sad ).

I think, the solution could be the style property of TopWindows - but I didnt find any documentation about the possible values.

Would be nice if someone can help me.

Thanks,

WebChaot
Re: Borderless TopWindow [message #6613 is a reply to message #6606] Mon, 20 November 2006 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, TheIDE splash-screen would classify, would not it?

Relevant parts of code are:

struct Splash : Ctrl {
	Splash() {
		SetRect(GetWorkArea().CenterRect(size)));
	}
};

void HideSplash()
{
	if(Single<Splash>().IsOpen())
		Single<Splash>().Close();
}

void ShowSplash()
{
	Single<Splash>().PopUp(NULL, false, false);
}

Mirek
Re: Borderless TopWindow [message #6628 is a reply to message #6606] Tue, 21 November 2006 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mirek!

>>> Well, TheIDE splash-screen would classify, would not it?

Not exactly. I still have a Splash Screen. But I want the applications main window (!) to stay in front off all others. Now I found a solution with popup (and protect it from closing with "WhenClose") - but no way to get the real screen resolution - because GetWorkArea() does exclude the windows task bar. But I want to place the window over the taskbar too.

norbert
Re: Borderless TopWindow [message #6629 is a reply to message #6628] Tue, 21 November 2006 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fallingdutch is currently offline  fallingdutch
Experienced Member
maybee a TopWindow::SetFullscreen() would be a nice idea (if it not yet exists Wink )

Bas
Re: Borderless TopWindow [message #6630 is a reply to message #6629] Tue, 21 November 2006 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
fallingdutch wrote on Tue, 21 November 2006 03:44

maybee a TopWindow::SetFullscreen() would be a nice idea (if it not yet exists Wink )

Bas

Sorry, but this is too platform specific, I do not like to introduce features that are rarely used and work only on single platform.

But I guess that you should solve the problem simply with Win32 API. You can GetHWND for Ctrl and do anything you want...

Mirek
Re: Borderless TopWindow [message #6633 is a reply to message #6606] Tue, 21 November 2006 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mirek!

>>> Sorry, but this is too platform specific

Maybe its too platform specific - but not only needed on windows. We want to create some touch-screen applications - for windows and linux (and when ultimate is available on mac too). On every system we have to put the window in "FullSize()".

We do not need it now - we can set the width and height with an cfg-file - but maybe a useful extension.

Thanks a lot - also for that superb development platform Smile

norbert
Re: Borderless TopWindow [message #6636 is a reply to message #6630] Tue, 21 November 2006 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guido is currently offline  guido
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Tue, 21 November 2006 09:48

fallingdutch wrote on Tue, 21 November 2006 03:44

Bas

Sorry, but this is too platform specific, I do not like to introduce features that are rarely used and work only on single platform.

Is that so?
On X11 it's trivial.
And why is that rarely used? full-screen videos, photos, slides...

Guido
Re: Borderless TopWindow [message #6637 is a reply to message #6630] Tue, 21 November 2006 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeohhs
A "TopWindow::SetFullscreen()" would be nice for kiosk applications.

I've seen a vehicle GPS touchscreen application built using wxWidgets. So it is possible for both Windows and Linux. Smile

Best Regards,
Yeoh
Re: Borderless TopWindow [message #6657 is a reply to message #6637] Tue, 21 November 2006 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
On the second thought, you are right. Adding to ToDo list... (remind me please if it is not done soon Wink

Mirek
Re: Borderless TopWindow [message #6659 is a reply to message #6657] Tue, 21 November 2006 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fallingdutch is currently offline  fallingdutch
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Tue, 21 November 2006 22:07

On the second thought, you are right. Adding to ToDo list...

That is why i like Ultimate++ Wink

Bas
Re: Borderless TopWindow [message #8163 is a reply to message #6613] Tue, 13 February 2007 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atmks is currently offline  atmks
luzr wrote on Mon, 20 November 2006 21:55

Well, TheIDE splash-screen ...
Mirek

hi

i created(loaded) a image with JpgEncoder...
Size MakeLogo(Ctrl &parent, Array<Ctrl>& ctrl) {
   ImageCtrl& l = ctrl.Create<ImageCtrl>();
   Image logo = jpegencoder.LoadImageFile( "logo.jpg",0 );
   l.SetImage(logo);

parent.Add(.....);
}

but i dont know, how can i resize a image(logo)
can someone help me?

thx

edit:
i finded a solution
Size scale = Size(100,100);
PixelArray x = jpegencoder.LoadArrayFile( "logo.jpg",0).pixel;
PixelArray dest(sz);
PixelCopyAntiAlias(dest,scale,x,x.GetSize();
Image logo = PixelArrayToImage(dest)
l.SetImage(logo);

[Updated on: Wed, 14 February 2007 11:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Borderless TopWindow [message #8174 is a reply to message #8163] Wed, 14 February 2007 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Image Rescale(const Image& src, int cx, int cy);
Re: Borderless TopWindow [message #8177 is a reply to message #8174] Wed, 14 February 2007 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi
luzr wrote on Wed, 14 February 2007 12:33

Image Rescale(const Image& src, int cx, int cy);

thx, but this function not exists in release 605
Re: Borderless TopWindow [message #8184 is a reply to message #8177] Wed, 14 February 2007 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Yes. Refactoring Image infrastructure was major focus of last year's development....

I recommend new U++.

Mirek
Re: Borderless TopWindow [message #8186 is a reply to message #8184] Thu, 15 February 2007 06:53 Go to previous message
ok, i see

thx Smile
Previous Topic: Problem with SetTimeCallback in TrayIcon
Next Topic: runtime tray icon? Draw a number?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:26:58 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01973 seconds