Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » Applications created with U++ » Ultimate Player
Re: Ultimate Player [message #21354 is a reply to message #21317] Thu, 14 May 2009 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello unodgs

Oh no!. I thought that perhaps the video player status was more advanced than in http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=tree&th=2566 &#page_top.

In that post you indicated a problem with ffmpeg and Visual C++.

Would you agree if in the Visual C++ version it would exist a ffmpeg.dll file?
It would be the same solution U++ uses for SDL.

If this is ok we could do the same done in SDL to comply with LGPL license: including the source in a plugin folder (less than 3Mb .zip) and give instructions to compile the .dll.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Ultimate Player [message #21357 is a reply to message #21354] Fri, 15 May 2009 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Yes, dll is the only option. Sources takes too many space. In current UP there is now video support at all. Sorry for misunderstanding Smile All work on video is a separate project right now. I had a working ffplay as a upp project and I was trying to use directx for video output. Of course sdl would be more suitable here if we want to have portable player.
Re: Ultimate Player [message #21358 is a reply to message #21357] Fri, 15 May 2009 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello unodgs

Quote:

Yes, dll is the only option. Sources takes too many space. In current UP there is now video support at all. Sorry for misunderstanding Smile All work on video is a separate project right now. I had a working ffplay as a upp project and I was trying to use directx for video output. Of course sdl would be more suitable here if we want to have portable player.

I have understood that you are doing a U++ video player for windows using directX. Am I right?.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Ultimate Player [message #21359 is a reply to message #21358] Fri, 15 May 2009 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Well I was doing and it was long time ago (none of existing player satisfied me) Smile. Unfortuantely I don't have time to continue the work. It would be great if someone prepare a simple player as an example for upp or modified my UP.
Re: Ultimate Player [message #21380 is a reply to message #527] Sat, 16 May 2009 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello unodgs

I have compiled UltimatePlayer and it works well.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Ultimate Player [message #21389 is a reply to message #527] Sun, 17 May 2009 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello

This weekend I have compiled ffmpeg and ffplay. ffplay is the ffmpeg video player and uses sdl. The documentation to do it is excelent so I have done it without problems.

The next step to do is the video player into an U++ program. The best documentation I have found is in http://www.dranger.com/ffmpeg/ titled "An ffmpeg and SDL Tutorial or How to Write a Video Player in Less Than 1000 Lines". The documentation seems very good but it will require more time to implement it.

I have also tried to insert a mplayer movie in a program window. Very easy to do it using the "mplayer -wid HWND" option, where HWND is the window handle where you want the video put by mplayer.

Unfortunately mplayer license is GPL2. ffmpeg main license is LGPL2.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Ultimate Player [message #21397 is a reply to message #21389] Mon, 18 May 2009 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Excellent! Now we need some kind of wrapper like Video with Play, Stop, Load and similar methods. It would be great if different output types would be possible (OpenGL, DX, SDL) with ability to render on top of them (to support subtitles for example).

Although it's easy to embed mplayer in the upp window I would use ffmpeg directly. It's just faster.
Re: Ultimate Player [message #21398 is a reply to message #21397] Mon, 18 May 2009 10:21 Go to previous message
Senior Veteran
Yes, and the ffmpeg license is much closer to the U++ BSD license so it is more natural to link our programs with it.

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: StudyZone
Next Topic: Tracer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:44:09 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01281 seconds