FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Upp 701-dev1 released
Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7591] Mon, 08 January 2007 21:27 Go to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Welcome everyone to 2007 Smile Dev-story goes on..

+ Win32 TrayIcon now supports balloon messages
- fixed problem with TheIDE creating zombie processes in Linux
- fixed HomeBudget comatibility with new sqlite3 interface
- fixed allocating of permanent memory blocks
+ GridCtrl copy/paste
+ Concrete01 in tutorial

Re: Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7595 is a reply to message #7591] Mon, 08 January 2007 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
Trying to build "Concrete01" or "ide", e. g., with gcc 4.1.1 yields:

Quote:

D:\ProgWin\upp\uppsrc\Core\heap.cpp:60: error: expected ',' or '...' before 'char'
D:\ProgWin\upp\uppsrc\Core\heap.cpp: In function 'void Upp::MemorySum(int&)':
D:\ProgWin\upp\uppsrc\Core\heap.cpp:62: error: expected unqualified-id before '=' token
D:\ProgWin\upp\uppsrc\Core\heap.cpp:63: error: 'large' was not declared in this scope
D:\ProgWin\upp\uppsrc\Core\heap.cpp: In function 'void* Upp::MemoryAlloc(size_t)':
D:\ProgWin\upp\uppsrc\Core\heap.cpp:589: error: '_msize' was not declared in this scope
D:\ProgWin\upp\uppsrc\Core\heap.cpp: In function 'void Upp::MemoryFree(void*)':
D:\ProgWin\upp\uppsrc\Core\heap.cpp:611: error: '_msize' was not declared in this scope

The same is true for gcc 3.4.2.

Werner

[Updated on: Tue, 09 January 2007 20:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7609 is a reply to message #7591] Tue, 09 January 2007 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guido is currently offline  guido
Experienced Member
Chameleon refactoring seems to have broken X11 theming.
I get black on black menus (highlighted items show ok).
The Linux package is up, so I wonder if others had more luck.
I had to compile upp myself, as the package again is Ubuntu only.

Guido

[Updated on: Tue, 09 January 2007 22:11]

Re: Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7610 is a reply to message #7609] Tue, 09 January 2007 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
guido wrote on Tue, 09 January 2007 16:11

Chameleon refactoring seems to have broken X11 theming.
I get black on black menus (highlighted items show ok).
The Linux package is up, so I wonder if others had more luck.
I had to compile upp myself, as the package again is Ubuntu only.

Guido

Well, I tried to read the color of menu from gnome. It is likely theme related - what theme do you use?

Mirek
Re: Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7611 is a reply to message #7610] Tue, 09 January 2007 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
[quote title=luzr wrote on Tue, 09 January 2007 23:06][quote

Well, I tried to read the color of menu from gnome. It is likely theme related - what theme do you use?

Mirek[/quote]

Clearlooks.
Well, it worked before.
I use ROX as my desktop and session manager.

Guido
Re: Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7618 is a reply to message #7611] Wed, 10 January 2007 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Well, if you have a bit of time:

CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp 761:

SColorMenu_Write(GetGTK(popup, 0, 2, "menu", GTK_BOX, 32, 32)[16][16]);

This is the place Smile Basically, it paints menu into 32x32 area and then reads color from the middle. (Later the image will be used to paint the whole menu, but MenuBar is not ready yet).

Now maybe the trouble are "0, 2" constants (I never really realized what is meant by them, it is "state" and "shadow"). Maybe trying other values can fix the problem.

Mirek
Re: Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7619 is a reply to message #7618] Wed, 10 January 2007 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Wed, 10 January 2007 13:40

Well, if you have a bit of time:

CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp 761:

SColorMenu_Write(GetGTK(popup, 0, 2, "menu", GTK_BOX, 32, 32)[16][16]);

This is the place Smile Basically, it paints menu into 32x32 area and then reads color from the middle. (Later the image will be used to paint the whole menu, but MenuBar is not ready yet).

Now maybe the trouble are "0, 2" constants (I never really realized what is meant by them, it is "state" and "shadow"). Maybe trying other values can fix the problem.

Mirek

GTK_STATE_NORMAL State during normal operation.
GTK_STATE_ACTIVE State of a currently active widget, such as a depressed button.
GTK_STATE_PRELIGHT State indicating that the mouse pointer is over the widget and the widget will respond to mouse clicks.
GTK_STATE_SELECTED State of a selected item, such the selected row in a list.
GTK_STATE_INSENSITIVE State indicating that the widget is unresponsive to user actions.

GTK_SHADOW_NONE No shadow is displayed, resulting in a two-dimensional appearance.
GTK_SHADOW_IN Displays dark shadow on left and upper sides of the widget, resulting in the appearance of the widget being lower than its surrounding area.
GTK_SHADOW_OUT Displays dark shadow on right and lower sides of the widget, resulting in the illusion that the widget is raised above its surrounding area.
GTK_SHADOW_ETCHED_IN Displays the appearance of sunken detail.
GTK_SHADOW_ETCHED_OUT Displays the appearance of raised detail.

I set shadow to 0.
Then state to 1 (ACTIVE).
Neither having any effect at all.

Guido
Re: Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7621 is a reply to message #7619] Wed, 10 January 2007 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Quote:

GTK_STATE_NORMAL State during normal operation.
GTK_STATE_ACTIVE State of a currently active widget, such as a depressed button.
GTK_STATE_PRELIGHT State indicating that the mouse pointer is over the widget and the widget will respond to mouse clicks.
GTK_STATE_SELECTED State of a selected item, such the selected row in a list.
GTK_STATE_INSENSITIVE State indicating that the widget is unresponsive to user actions.

GTK_SHADOW_NONE No shadow is displayed, resulting in a two-dimensional appearance.
GTK_SHADOW_IN Displays dark shadow on left and upper sides of the widget, resulting in the appearance of the widget being lower than its surrounding area.
GTK_SHADOW_OUT Displays dark shadow on right and lower sides of the widget, resulting in the illusion that the widget is raised above its surrounding area.
GTK_SHADOW_ETCHED_IN Displays the appearance of sunken detail.
GTK_SHADOW_ETCHED_OUT Displays the appearance of raised detail.

Of course I know above definitions, but in reality, this is not how things really work. Theming engines implement some of them for specific widgets, GTK is using them in different context too. You cannot really rely on anything, only test and retry...

Anyway, maybe for start to check things are not completely off, what about replacing the whole thing with simple "White" color?

Mirek

[Updated on: Wed, 10 January 2007 20:07]

Re: Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7628 is a reply to message #7591] Thu, 11 January 2007 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lundman is currently offline  lundman
Experienced Member

Quick note, unpacked it on OsX and folder was created as:

"upp-src-701-dev Folder"

With the space, and the ide did not handle that one bit. You can pick the "ide" project, but after it loads you see no files or sub projects.

Just a note, you guys probably already know about it.

Re: Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7630 is a reply to message #7628] Thu, 11 January 2007 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lundman is currently offline  lundman
Experienced Member

..otherwise I can happy report it just compiles, and runs without any changes on OsX.

Bug in Hydra? [message #7645 is a reply to message #7591] Fri, 12 January 2007 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piotr5 is currently offline  piotr5
Experienced Member
I tried u++701-dev1 in linux, and just like like last month's development-release it does freeze while compiling on my dual-processor system (with 2 hydra-threads). interrupting and everything else does work, hydra simply fails to issue the next command.

I could live with hitting the compile-button repeadedly, but additionally compiling the ide itself does lock up the compiler oftentimes at the file util.cpp, and the whole system would slow down under a heavy disk-access-burden. (when done from those new versions, I don't have such problems with some older 610-version.)

I probably should add that I did not download the official releases but merely tried out yesterday's uvs-version. also I didn't try/fetch any 611-version, therefore I'm back to 610...
Re: Bug in Hydra? [message #7646 is a reply to message #7645] Fri, 12 January 2007 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
I have fixed similar bug 5-10 days ago.. Are you sure you fetched uvs version yesterday?

Mirek
Re: Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7649 is a reply to message #7619] Fri, 12 January 2007 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
guido wrote on Wed, 10 January 2007 08:56

I set shadow to 0.

Guido

Clearlooks problem confirmed. For now, I have made a quick-fix:

Quote:

Color c = GetGTK(popup, 0, 2, "menu", GTK_BOX, 32, 32)[16][16];
if(!IsNull(c) && Diff(c, SColorPaper()) > 200) //!!! ClearLooks patch
SColorMenu_Write(c);

(In fact, it is a test whether the Color is reasonable value..)

Mirek
Re: Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7651 is a reply to message #7595] Fri, 12 January 2007 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MikeP is currently offline  MikeP
Werner wrote on Mon, 08 January 2007 23:41

Quote:

D:\ProgWin\upp\uppsrc\Core\heap.cpp:60: error: expected ',' or '...' before 'char'
D:\ProgWin\upp\uppsrc\Core\heap.cpp:62: error: expected unqualified-id before '=' token
D:\ProgWin\upp\uppsrc\Core\heap.cpp:63: error: 'large' was not declared in this scope
D:\ProgWin\upp\uppsrc\Core\heap.cpp: In function 'void* Upp::MemoryAlloc(size_t)':
D:\ProgWin\upp\uppsrc\Core\heap.cpp:589: error: '_msize' was not declared in this scope
D:\ProgWin\upp\uppsrc\Core\heap.cpp:611: error: '_msize' was not declared in this scope

Werner

all this errors are from heap.cpp
change code on row 60 to:
void MemorySum(int& ismall, int& large)
{
	ismall = sSmallKb;
	large = (int) (sLarge >> 10);
}

the rest is by using _msize() function. This is MSC specific.
This must by avoided Smile by ex:
#ifndef COMPILER_GCC
#ifdef PLATFORM_WIN32 
	sLarge += _msize(q);
#endif
#endif
Re: Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7690 is a reply to message #7595] Mon, 15 January 2007 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paolo is currently offline  paolo
Promising Member

Quote:

Werner

Same problem with upp-mingw-701-dev1.exe on Windows XP.
Problem resolved thanks to MikeP (read his post above this), changing that function "MemorySum" and adding "#ifndef COMPILER_GCC" to the three occurrences.
Now programs compile, let's hope they work too Smile
Re: Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7703 is a reply to message #7690] Tue, 16 January 2007 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
paolo wrote on Mon, 15 January 2007 18:33

Quote:

Werner

Same problem with upp-mingw-701-dev1.exe on Windows XP.
Problem resolved thanks to MikeP (read his post above this), changing that function "MemorySum" and adding "#ifndef COMPILER_GCC" to the three occurrences.
Now programs compile, let's hope they work too Smile

I confirm too the same error and the same fix with XP and mingw compiler.

Luigi
Re: Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7746 is a reply to message #7649] Thu, 18 January 2007 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
luzr wrote on Fri, 12 January 2007 19:00

I set shadow to 0.

Guido

Quote:

SColorMenu_Write(c);

Mirek

Unfortunately, this does not help.
The menu bg is still black.

Matthias
Re: Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7747 is a reply to message #7746] Thu, 18 January 2007 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
masu wrote on Thu, 18 January 2007 16:41

luzr wrote on Fri, 12 January 2007 19:00

I set shadow to 0.

Guido

Quote:

SColorMenu_Write(c);

Mirek

Unfortunately, this does not help.
The menu bg is still black.

Matthias

Strange, I have noticed problem in Ubuntu's ClearLooks and this fixed it... Can you test this with beta please?

Mirek
Re: Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7748 is a reply to message #7747] Thu, 18 January 2007 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
I tried with 701.r51.
Do you think its worth trying with beta anyhow?

Matthias
Re: Upp 701-dev1 released [message #7749 is a reply to message #7748] Thu, 18 January 2007 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ultimate Member
No, sorry. I was just confused this gone to 701dev1 thread.

Any chance putting strategic DUMPs there

DUMP(Color(c));
DUMP(SColorPaper());
DUMP(Diff(c, SColorPaper()));

to find out what is really going on?

Mirek
Previous Topic: Upp 2007.1beta released
Next Topic: Forum email trouble....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:19:11 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01305 seconds