FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Ultimate++ in Syllable
Ultimate++ in Syllable [message #7942] Thu, 01 February 2007 12:04 Go to next message
lgonzalez is currently offline  lgonzalez
Hi
I am a ultimate++ user on linux and I started to use another GPL os called Syllable that is cool. I have posted a reply in the forum talking about U++ and they think that it would be cool a port of it on Syllable. How I can do this? Because Syllable althougt is 99% POSIX compliant, it has its own graphic interface api.Can you put it on the roadmap page? (Syllable --> Considered) Very Happy
Re: Ultimate++ in Syllable [message #7956 is a reply to message #7942] Thu, 01 February 2007 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
lgonzalez wrote on Thu, 01 February 2007 06:04

Hi
I am a ultimate++ user on linux and I started to use another GPL os called Syllable that is cool. I have posted a reply in the forum talking about U++ and they think that it would be cool a port of it on Syllable. How I can do this? Because Syllable althougt is 99% POSIX compliant, it has its own graphic interface api.Can you put it on the roadmap page? (Syllable --> Considered) Very Happy

Well, I was thinking about exotic OSes too Smile

If it is POSIX compliant, then port would require altering Draw and CtrlCore packages. See there to investigate how X11/Win32 is dealt with.

I think that if Syllable has GUI at least partially similar to Win32 or X11, it should not be that hard (let us say 1-2 months).

Anyway, MacOS X is priority now.

Mirek
Re: Ultimate++ in Syllable [message #9090 is a reply to message #7956] Tue, 17 April 2007 02:58 Go to previous message
gotto is currently offline  gotto
luzr wrote on Thu, 01 February 2007 18:55

lgonzalez wrote on Thu, 01 February 2007 06:04

Hi

Well, I was thinking about exotic OSes too Smile

If it is POSIX compliant, then port would require altering Draw and CtrlCore packages. See there to investigate how X11/Win32 is dealt with.

I think that if Syllable has GUI at least partially similar to Win32 or X11, it should not be that hard (let us say 1-2 months).

Anyway, MacOS X is priority now.

Mirek

I am glad to here you where thinking of other OS's as well.
I follow out of interest a few exotic OS's. One thing I have notice some of them could be usable now if they had a lot more basic appz. Mature OS's like Windows, MacOS X and Linux have them in there thousands to the point you don't really need to write any thing and even if you do there are programs out there that does something similar. The dev's a busy developing, bug fixing and polishing there OS but there are the loyal following who might be more inclined to learn/program a RAD platform rather than something like C++ with a whole new API. I can see them being a breading ground for a lot of basic programs. All of them need software in about any category you can think of. Business, Graphics, Video, Games, Desktop, Education etc

I agree MacOS X should be your priority but I am excited by the possibility that a port to some of these exotic OS's could mean that Ultimate++ could get in at the ground level on a OS to be the default platform for many writing software in the above categories. Where on the more mature OS's you have establish development platforms. Smile

A big thanks to the team for Ultimate++
Previous Topic: ChildMouseEvent and DropList
Next Topic: U++ & MacOS X Carbon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 10:47:46 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01794 seconds