Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Layout (Forms) Designer » Layout and Tip
Layout and Tip [message #8211] Mon, 19 February 2007 22:46 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

using the "Tip" field in the designer I'm not able to break a line with the usual '\n' at runtime. By using CTRL+T I've seen the '\' become '\\'.
Instead everything is OK using widget.Tip("...\n...")
Is there a code able to break the line in designer?

Luigi
Re: Layout and Tip [message #8218 is a reply to message #8211] Tue, 20 February 2007 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
OK, addressed by altering all Text fields in layout designer to be able to store '\1' prefix for Qtf text.

Therefore you can now use any QTF in tooltip, just prepend the text with '\1'. Holds true for other labels as well, e.g. you can now easily use QTF for Button label in layout designer.

Unfortunately, change is too spread across sources, therefore I cannot provide the quick patch here - you have to wait day or two until rc2 is released.

Re: Layout and Tip [message #8220 is a reply to message #8218] Tue, 20 February 2007 13:04 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
luzr wrote on Tue, 20 February 2007 11:13

OK, addressed by altering all Text fields in layout designer to be able to store '\1' prefix for Qtf text.

Therefore you can now use any QTF in tooltip, just prepend the text with '\1'. Holds true for other labels as well, e.g. you can now easily use QTF for Button label in layout designer.

Unfortunately, change is too spread across sources, therefore I cannot provide the quick patch here - you have to wait day or two until rc2 is released.

Thanks, no prob,
Luigi
Previous Topic: How can I layout non-zoomed controls?
Next Topic: Using Pictures
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:53:31 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01176 seconds