FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » RichText,QTF,RTF... » RichText and Report problem
RichText and Report problem [message #658] Tue, 24 January 2006 00:26 Go to next message
pivica is currently offline  pivica
Well I finally started writing my first upp application and I have a little problem.

String qtf;
qtf << "{{1:1 Cell1:: Cell2:: Cell3:: Cell4}}";

Report report;
report << qtf;
report.Perform();

When I execute this code on a print preview window instead of a table I'm getting next error

ERROR: NOT IN TABLE: Cell2:: Cell3:: Cel

Don't know where the problem is. Maybe Report class is just for old qtf format...? Anyway I couldn't find anything in doc or source.

I am using U++ 511 on Linux.
Re: RichText and Report problem [message #662 is a reply to message #658] Tue, 24 January 2006 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
pivica wrote on Mon, 23 January 2006 18:26

ERROR: NOT IN TABLE: Cell2:: Cell3:: Cel

Don't know where the problem is. Maybe Report class is just for old qtf format...?

Yes.

This is one problem that has been left unresolved in 511, but it is fixed now (there is now new Report package, old Report class was removed from CtrlLib and placed to DocTypes as DocReport, DocTypes is now "legacy" package to support old apps and will not be distributed anymore).

The solution is to use latest snapshot. If you insist on staying with 511, there was intermmediate solution with PutQTF(Report&, const char*) function.

Mirek
Re: RichText and Report problem [message #674 is a reply to message #658] Tue, 24 January 2006 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Many thanks for answering.

Quote:

The solution is to use latest snapshot. If you insist on staying with 511, there was intermmediate solution with PutQTF(Report&, const char*) function.

No am not insisting but I have trouble compiling latest snapshot with gcc on my linux box. When can we expect stable release for both linux and windows, and linux printing support?

And one more question. How complicate is to implement horizontal scroll bar in ArrayCtrl control.
Re: RichText and Report problem [message #676 is a reply to message #674] Tue, 24 January 2006 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Quote:

No am not insisting but I have trouble compiling latest snapshot with gcc on my linux box.

Distro? Bugs?

Quote:

And one more question. How complicate is to implement horizontal scroll bar in ArrayCtrl control.

You can already have horizontal scrollbar there. Just set HeaderCtrl to the absolute mode.
Re: RichText and Report problem [message #707 is a reply to message #676] Wed, 25 January 2006 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Distro? Bugs?

I could not compile snapshot 20060108. But today I've tried with a 20060123 version and it's working on my linux debian distro, great:)))
Re: RichText and Report problem [message #717 is a reply to message #707] Fri, 27 January 2006 07:53 Go to previous message
There is just a little problem in a Report class on line

page.At(pagei).Append(GetResult());

gcc won't compile that line. But with next added line

Drawing dw = GetResult();
page.At(pagei).Append(dw);

everything is OK.
Previous Topic: QTF-table: Cell-span problem
Next Topic: QTF: align to bottom of page?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:52:40 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01756 seconds