Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » Chameleon themes
Chameleon themes [message #8363] Mon, 05 March 2007 14:51 Go to next message
bemo is currently offline  bemo
Hi,

I'm interested in skinning my application using themes, but I can't find any documentation, and the Chameleon example included with TheIDE shows only how to skin buttons.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me in the following:

1- What controls are skinnable and how to skin them.
2- Is it possible to save the skins in an external resource files (like Winamp skins)?
3- I read in the forum that a theme can be created. How is that done? Can the theme be applied on multiple controls?

Thank you in advance
Re: Chameleon themes [message #8366 is a reply to message #8363] Mon, 05 March 2007 20:01 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
bemo wrote on Mon, 05 March 2007 08:51

Hi,

I'm interested in skinning my application using themes, but I can't find any documentation, and the Chameleon example included with TheIDE shows only how to skin buttons.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me in the following:

1- What controls are skinnable and how to skin them.
2- Is it possible to save the skins in an external resource files (like Winamp skins)?
3- I read in the forum that a theme can be created. How is that done? Can the theme be applied on multiple controls?

Thank you in advance

1. Look for the Style nested structure, static style functions and SetStyle method. Those ctrls that have these are skinnable.

2. Definitely, but there is no direct support in (yet?). Skinning is quite flexible, but at the moment mostly oriented to adjust look to the host platform.

3. Well, theme is perhaps a too strong word for what is available. Anyway, yes, you can alter look&feel for the whole class of ctrls, those

Quote:

static const Style& StyleDefault();

that usually represent visual style of widget class are in fact writable, just use the "Write" method to them. See that reference example; all other widgets are skinned exactly the same way.

Mirek
Previous Topic: FileSel
Next Topic: MenuItem Chameleon bug report & question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:12:36 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00884 seconds