Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Upp 2007.1rc3 released
Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8405] Wed, 07 March 2007 09:55 Go to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

- fixed foucsing problem in X
- fixed missing flagNOGTK
- fixed problems with compiling sqlite references and examples
* HomeBudget always try to create database - now it works in release mode
Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8407 is a reply to message #8405] Wed, 07 March 2007 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
This came in the email:

#upp-2007.1rc3 on linux, tries to build win32 components

c++ -c -march=k8 -m32 -pipe -O3 -ffunction-sections -x c++ -Iuppsrc
-I/usr/include/freetype2 -DflagGUI -DflagGCC -DflagSHARED -DflagLINUX  
uppsrc/CtrlLib/Ch.cpp -o build/Ctrl Lib/GCC33-Gcc32-Gui-Linux/Ch.o
make: *** No rule to make target `uppsrc/CtrlLib/XpTheme.dli', needed by
`build/CtrlLib
/GCC33-Gcc32-Gui-Linux/ChWin32.o'.  Stop.

Mirek
Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8408 is a reply to message #8405] Wed, 07 March 2007 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
Attached you will find a patched linux Makefile for uppsrc/ide/Makefile

The following changes were made:

*) use of pkg-config for both CINC and LIBS.
*) change of $(OutFile) definition to use $(LIBS) instead
*) renamed the "install" tag to "prebuild" to more accurately reflect the fact that it is setting things up to install instead of actually installing them
*) added an actual "install" tag which installs theIDE and all appropriate source into the system via INSTALLDIR. This allows a user to build the code and install it into non-standard places without root privlages.
*) renamed default build and install directories to better conform to *NIX conventions and the Standard Linux Distribution -- for starters installing in /usr/bin and /usr/share/upp.

I hope this is useful.

I am currently testing the cleaned up ebuild...

EBo --
  • Attachment: Makefile
    (Size: 881.59KB, Downloaded 330 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 07 March 2007 18:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8409 is a reply to message #8407] Wed, 07 March 2007 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guido is currently offline  guido
Experienced Member
Quote:

#upp-2007.1rc3 on linux, tries to build win32 components

Not here. At least using the generated Makefile.
I added the missing pkg-config commands for gtk+-2.0 and built TheIDE with make without a hitch.

Guido
Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8410 is a reply to message #8409] Wed, 07 March 2007 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi Guido,

How different is your Makefile changes to the one I just posted?

EBo --
Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8411 is a reply to message #8410] Wed, 07 March 2007 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
ebojd wrote on Wed, 07 March 2007 20:02

How different is your Makefile changes to the one I just posted?

I only added pkg-config cflags to CINC:
CINC =  -I$(UPPDIR1) `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` -I/usr/include/freetype2

and added the line:
LINKOPTIONS = `pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0`

It's only a temporary hack to get it compiled, since I can't figure out a how to do this in the GUI. The upp documentation for building is outdated und no longer applies.
I'm not much interessted in hacking the Makefile, since I expect to be able to build from TheIDE. lsb-rpm integration some time in a future would be nice too.

Guido
Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8412 is a reply to message #8411] Wed, 07 March 2007 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Guido,

I replaced all the libs with the output from `pkg-config --libs libpng gtk+-2.0 xft x11`. This properly dealt with everything (similarly for --cflags).

I hacked a little on theIDE builder to add pkg-config configuration. After communicating with Mirek I decided to wait on that for later discussion.

The real reason I hacked the Makefile is that I was told that the Makefile was hand modified after generation, and I am working on cleaning up the Gentoo portage ebuild...

EBo --
Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8413 is a reply to message #8405] Thu, 08 March 2007 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lundman is currently offline  lundman
Experienced Member
OsX (no GTK build):

/Users/lundman/Desktop/upp-src-2007.1rc3/uppsrc/Draw/DrawX11.cpp:11:21: error: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory

#ifndef NOGTK
#include <gtk/gtk.h>

Changed to:

#ifndef flagNOGTK

... normally I would not mention warnings, but the whole damn thing builds so cleanly, that is worth mentioning the one only warnings there are:

/Users/lundman/Desktop/upp-src-2007.1rc3/uppsrc/ide/Goto.cpp: In constructor 'GotoDlg::GotoDlg(const Upp::String&)':
/Users/lundman/Desktop/upp-src-2007.1rc3/uppsrc/ide/Goto.cpp:138: warning: enumeral mismatch in conditional expression: '<anonymous enum>' vs 'Upp::<anonymous enum>'/Users/lundman/Desktop/upp-src-2007.1rc3/uppsrc/ide/Goto.cpp: In constructor 'GotoDlg::GotoDlg(const Upp::String&)':
/Users/lundman/Desktop/upp-src-2007.1rc3/uppsrc/ide/Goto.cpp:138: warning: enumeral mismatch in conditional expression: '<anonymous enum>' vs 'Upp::<anonymous enum>'

/Users/lundman/Desktop/upp-src-2007.1rc3/uppsrc/ide/UppWspc.cpp: In member function 'void WorkspaceWork::FileMenu(Upp::Bar&)':
/Users/lundman/Desktop/upp-src-2007.1rc3/uppsrc/ide/UppWspc.cpp:413: warning: enumeral mismatch in conditional expression: 'Upp::<anonymous enum>' vs 'Upp::<anonymous enum>'
/Users/lundman/Desktop/upp-src-2007.1rc3/uppsrc/ide/UppWspc.cpp: In member function 'void WorkspaceWork::FileMenu(Upp::Bar&)':
/Users/lundman/Desktop/upp-src-2007.1rc3/uppsrc/ide/UppWspc.cpp:413: warning: enumeral mismatch in conditional expression: 'Upp::<anonymous enum>' vs 'Upp::<anonymous enum>'

After that:

file Desktop/upp-src-2007.1rc3/ide.App/Contents/MacOS/ide
Desktop/upp-src-2007.1rc3/ide.App/Contents/MacOS/ide: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures
Desktop/upp-src-2007.1rc3/ide.App/Contents/MacOS/ide (for architecture ppc):  Mach-O executable ppc
Desktop/upp-src-2007.1rc3/ide.App/Contents/MacOS/ide (for architecture i386): Mach-O executable i386

Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8420 is a reply to message #8405] Thu, 08 March 2007 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
rc3 bugs so far:

- BLITZ broken: ld goes to 100% CPU for minutes, until I lose patience and kill it from the terminal (upp still doesn't terminate its sub-processes, when the build is interrupted)
- Sqlite.h casing is still inconsistent
- gdk/gdkprivate.h header can and should be dropped

Guido
Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8425 is a reply to message #8405] Thu, 08 March 2007 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
rc3 bugfix Smile

The saving trouble with UWord is caused by inproper use of editor.IsModified(),
which prevents unmodified buffers from being renamed.
I did some UWord file saving refactoring to fix this.
Not sure about the implications of lrufile().NewEntry(filename),
so maybe this instruction belongs somewhere else.

void UWord::SaveNow()
{
	if(SaveFile(filename, editor.GetQTF())) {
		lrufile().NewEntry(filename);
		statusbar.Temporary("File " + filename + " was saved.");
		ClearModify();
	}
	else
		Exclamation("Error saving the file [* " + DeQtf(filename) + "]!");
}

void UWord::Save()
{
	if(!editor.IsModified())
		return;
	if(filename.IsEmpty())
		SaveAs();
	else
		SaveNow();

}

void UWord::SaveAs()
{
	FileSel& fs = UWordFs();
	if(fs.ExecuteSaveAs()) {
		filename = fs;
		Title(filename);		
		SaveNow();
	}
}

PS:
Linking is real slow, even in DEBUG_FULL non-BLITZ.
Has it always been that way? I didn't use upp intensly enough to tell.
Maybe time to backport uldar to Linux - where is the source anyway?

Guido
Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8427 is a reply to message #8425] Thu, 08 March 2007 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waxblood is currently offline  waxblood
Quote:

Look at this thread:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=659 5&&srch=linux+linking#msg_6595"

Ciao,
David

[Updated on: Thu, 08 March 2007 21:18]

Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8430 is a reply to message #8427] Thu, 08 March 2007 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
waxblood wrote on Thu, 08 March 2007 21:16

Look at this thread:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=659 5&&srch=linux+linking#msg_6595"

O great! Sow this was fixed half a year ago Rolling Eyes
What do I do? I could build binutils-2.17.50.0.12 and install to /usr/local. Does this work?
Or better use gcc-3.4.6 in the meantime?

Guido

[Updated on: Thu, 08 March 2007 22:17]

Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8433 is a reply to message #8425] Fri, 09 March 2007 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
guido wrote on Thu, 08 March 2007 13:05

rc3 bugfix Smile

The saving trouble with UWord is caused by inproper use of editor.IsModified(),
which prevents unmodified buffers from being renamed.
I did some UWord file saving refactoring to fix this.
Not sure about the implications of lrufile().NewEntry(filename),
so maybe this instruction belongs somewhere else.

void UWord::SaveNow()
{
	if(SaveFile(filename, editor.GetQTF())) {
		lrufile().NewEntry(filename);
		statusbar.Temporary("File " + filename + " was saved.");
		ClearModify();
	}
	else
		Exclamation("Error saving the file [* " + DeQtf(filename) + "]!");
}

void UWord::Save()
{
	if(!editor.IsModified())
		return;
	if(filename.IsEmpty())
		SaveAs();
	else
		SaveNow();

}

void UWord::SaveAs()
{
	FileSel& fs = UWordFs();
	if(fs.ExecuteSaveAs()) {
		filename = fs;
		Title(filename);		
		SaveNow();
	}
}

PS:

Guido

BTW, as I am puzzled about BLITZ report, is not it possible it was just this problem only (slow linking with debug info)?

Mirek
Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8434 is a reply to message #8405] Fri, 09 March 2007 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exolon is currently offline  exolon
I get this problem in GridUtils.h compiling the HomeBudget example... seems flagGCC is un#defined when it's expected to be for GCC?

----- GridCtrl ( GUI GCC32 SHARED BLITZ LINUX ) (3 / 12)
BLITZ: GridBase.cpp GridDisplay.cpp GridCtrl.cpp GridSort.cpp GridUtils.cpp
/home/oisin/upp/uppsrc/GridCtrl/GridUtils.h: In function ‘Upp::int32 Upp::Round(double)’:
/home/oisin/upp/uppsrc/GridCtrl/GridUtils.h:11: error: expected `(' before ‘fld’
/home/oisin/upp/uppsrc/GridCtrl/GridUtils.h:11: error: ‘fld’ was not declared in this scope
/home/oisin/upp/uppsrc/GridCtrl/GridUtils.h:11: error: expected `;' before ‘a’
/home/oisin/upp/uppsrc/GridCtrl/GridCtrl.cpp: In member function ‘void Upp::GridCtrl::StdMenuBar(Upp::Bar&)’:
/home/oisin/upp/uppsrc/GridCtrl/GridCtrl.cpp:534: warning: enumeral mismatch in conditional expression: ‘Upp::<anonymous enum>’ vs ‘Upp::
	<anonymous enum>’

Also, now scrollbar arrows don't look right for me - seemed ok in rc2...?

index.php?t=getfile&id=483&private=0

Firefox is running on the left with the standard scrollbars for this theme (I'm running XFCE), with the U++ ide on the right showing oversized scroll arrow symbols.
Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8435 is a reply to message #8433] Fri, 09 March 2007 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Fri, 09 March 2007 00:04

BTW, as I am puzzled about BLITZ report, is not it possible it was just this problem only (slow linking with debug info)?

Well, I waited 10min max. for ld to complete its job.
Mind you, not running the latest gear.
Yeah, possible linking would succeed eventually, given zen like patience Very Happy

Nevertheless, I hoped with the latest patches to linux process handling, upp would now shut down its spawned processes, when interrupted. Unfortunately, the latest compiler command still always will be completed, which can take quite a while. Not good for productivity.

I would like to know a little about what you did to ld with uldar.
Probably too tricky for me to tackle, but now I'm curious.

Guido
Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8436 is a reply to message #8435] Fri, 09 March 2007 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lundman is currently offline  lundman
Experienced Member
Still got somewhat of a strange double byte issue. If launched from IDE (presumably clean environment, it looks normal.) If launched from Console (ja_JP.UTF-8) it is a little messed:

index.php?t=getfile&id=484&private=0

Un-setting LC_CTYPE makes it normal, just a hassle Smile
  • Attachment: Picture 1.jpg
    (Size: 92.91KB, Downloaded 1006 times)
Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8437 is a reply to message #8435] Fri, 09 March 2007 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
guido wrote on Thu, 08 March 2007 19:12

I would like to know a little about what you did to ld with uldar.

Actually, nothing. uld is complete rewrite from the scratch, there is not a bit of ld code in it (in fact, AFAIK, Tom did not even seen ld sources ever, just COFF specification).

If something makes uld fast, it is U++ Core Wink (It will be interesting how new faster Core will change things Wink

Mirek
Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8438 is a reply to message #8434] Fri, 09 March 2007 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
exolon wrote on Thu, 08 March 2007 18:37

Also, now scrollbar arrows don't look right for me - seemed ok in rc2...?

Nothing has changed. What distro/theme is that?

All that gtk theming is not very well defined, there is a lot of heirestics involved. I guess we will have to resolve theme issues one by one...

MIrek
Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8439 is a reply to message #8433] Fri, 09 March 2007 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Fri, 09 March 2007 00:04

So, I got binutils-2.17.50.0.12 from kernel.org, built it and installed into /usr/local. Linking is down to seconds again Very Happy

Guido
Re: Upp 2007.1rc3 released [message #8440 is a reply to message #8438] Fri, 09 March 2007 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Fri, 09 March 2007 11:35

All that gtk theming is not very well defined, there is a lot of heirestics involved. I guess we will have to resolve theme issues one by one...

Considering, you will probably find yourself hand-crafting a Mac theme in the future, as you do the Carbon port, time to explore this route again.
I don't know if Mozilla and wxGTK suffers from such bugs, indicating if this can of worms can be sealed eventually.
An ISV should find it quite annoying, dealing with gtk related theming bug reports, introduced by the latest mandriva, fedora, novell... foobar theme engine.

Guido
Previous Topic: upp-portage experimental release
Next Topic: Upp 2007.1rc4 released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:43:40 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00997 seconds