FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ SQL » how to connect to sqlite via U++ in VC++
how to connect to sqlite via U++ in VC++ [message #8774] Thu, 29 March 2007 20:18 Go to next message
bitsun is currently offline  bitsun
Promising Member
This question may be too general. but I have not began coding.
Is it possible to compile a C++ program in VC++ with the header files provided by U++? Actually I just need the sql features of U++,since I only program a console application.If yes ,could you please give me a short description of how to do it or a link to such tutorial.

Thanks in advance
Re: how to connect to sqlite via U++ in VC++ [message #8776 is a reply to message #8774] Thu, 29 March 2007 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
bitsun wrote on Thu, 29 March 2007 14:18

This question may be too general. but I have not began coding.
Is it possible to compile a C++ program in VC++ with the header files provided by U++? Actually I just need the sql features of U++,since I only program a console application.If yes ,could you please give me a short description of how to do it or a link to such tutorial.

Thanks in advance

Well, to anwer we have to deal with two issues:

1 - U++ is strong console platform too. In fact, SQL support is GUI independent.

2 - Using U++ without TheIDE is possible, but at the moment tricky. OTOH, U++ on Win32 is best used with VC++ compiler (but not studio, just commandline tools). That is how we develop our commercial apps.

Now the quick start for SQLite development is in "reference/SQL_SQLite3" package. The source of package is also shown here:

http://www.ultimatepp.org/reference$SQL_Sqlite3.html

(BTW, it is console application).

Mirek
Re: how to connect to sqlite via U++ in VC++ [message #8779 is a reply to message #8776] Thu, 29 March 2007 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Thu, 29 March 2007 14:30

2 - Using U++ without TheIDE is possible, but at the moment tricky. OTOH, U++ on Win32 is best used with VC++ compiler (but not studio, just commandline tools). That is how we develop our commercial apps.

Mirek

Below is a link to VC71 project files. A workspace includes 190 projects including examples and references.

Regards,
Novo
Re: how to connect to sqlite via U++ in VC++ [message #8781 is a reply to message #8779] Thu, 29 March 2007 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
Link disappeared for some reason ...

http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th= 2097&goto=8518#msg_8518

Regards,
Novo
Re: how to connect to sqlite via U++ in VC++ [message #8783 is a reply to message #8774] Thu, 29 March 2007 21:43 Go to previous message
bitsun is currently offline  bitsun
Promising Member
well, that is exactly what I want, you guys rock
Previous Topic: Sqlite3 Forcing creating a database
Next Topic: Cannot use *.mdb files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:06:25 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03142 seconds