Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Layout (Forms) Designer » Layouts and Language 't' files
Layouts and Language 't' files [message #9355] Tue, 01 May 2007 18:43 Go to next message
DuncanShortland is currently offline  DuncanShortland
I notice that the 'puzzle' example has text messagews in layouts associated with t_("...."). How is this achieved as I cannot work out how to do it.

Re: Layouts and Language 't' files [message #9356 is a reply to message #9355] Wed, 02 May 2007 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fallingdutch is currently offline  fallingdutch
Experienced Member
by using Puzzle.t file it contains all text and their translations, you get a list of all text by pressing ctrl+F2

Bas
Re: Layouts and Language 't' files [message #9366 is a reply to message #9356] Wed, 02 May 2007 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DuncanShortland is currently offline  DuncanShortland
My problem is that the layout in puzzle has the text fields as t_("....."). This I assume will automatically translate with the .t file as required.

I am unable to get the t_("...") into the layout. I cannot see how it is done using the layout editor.

The only way I can see is a long winded one and thgat is to edit the text file which dwefines the layout.

Is there an easier way?
Re: Layouts and Language 't' files [message #9376 is a reply to message #9366] Thu, 03 May 2007 07:35 Go to previous message
fallingdutch is currently offline  fallingdutch
Experienced Member
it is done automagically Smile
if you enter a text upp puts a t_("") around it.

just press ctrl+t when in layout editor then you see the text-version (and get back to graphical view) of the layout and all the t_("").
All you have to do is add a .t file to your project.

[EDIT:] after adding a .t file to your project press ctrl+F2 this loads all already defined texts (those with t_("") around them) into the just created language file.
Edit the Language file as needed. DONE!

Ctrl+F2 reloads the language definitions each time you press it so if you add or remove text-definitions press it.

Bas

[Updated on: Thu, 03 May 2007 07:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Using Pictures
Next Topic: How can I figure out how large to make layout for TabCtrl?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:16:36 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00821 seconds