Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » theIDE widgets Docs
theIDE widgets Docs [message #803] Fri, 03 February 2006 01:27 Go to next message
tmbrline is currently offline  tmbrline
I was trying to use the ProgressIndicator widget. I cannot find any docs on this, what is it's range? I couldn't set range it in the code. Is it 0-1, 0-100? Is it placeable in both horizontal or vertical? What other parameters are avaialable besides value? I can't find any info on these. Am I just loking in the wrong place? I even looked through the source code and didn't find anything that would help me. Also the page http://upp.sourceforge.net/src$CtrlLib$index$en-us.html at the bottom states "Others can be inserted as "User class"". Can more widgets be added to the ID menu? As I look around the forum,I see that many are saying to not use the IDE, which I am not really sure why.
I also didn't see anywhere how to create a new widget. I try to look around and read as much as I can before I post. I hope I didn't miss all of this somewhere.

If anybody answers, thanks.
RJ
Re: theIDE widgets Docs [message #805 is a reply to message #803] Fri, 03 February 2006 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Documentation is shortcoming of U++. Not everything is documented so far.

With ProgressIndicator, there are two values

- "total" is the total number of steps required to perform the operation.
- "actual" indicates actual progress, actual number of steps performed so far.

"total" can be 0, in that case ProgressIndicator displays just "running" bar, used when total number of steps is unknown.

Yes, more widgets can be added to the menu - see reference/UscCtrl.

Mirek

Re: theIDE widgets Docs [message #810 is a reply to message #803] Fri, 03 February 2006 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
tmbrline wrote on Thu, 02 February 2006 19:27

I was trying to use the ProgressIndicator widget. I cannot find any docs on this, what is it's range? I couldn't set range it in the code. Is it 0-1, 0-100? Is it placeable in both horizontal or vertical? What other parameters are avaialable besides value? I can't find any info on these.

ProgressIndicator myprogress;
myprogress.Set(value, total);

I've created an example for you here:
http://www.arilect.com/upp/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=239& amp;start=0

Quote:

Can more widgets be added to the ID menu?

Did you mean IDE designer menu? - Then, I think, yes. Work in progress...

Quote:

As I look around the forum,I see that many are saying to not use the IDE, which I am not really sure why.

Where have you seen that?

Quote:

I even looked through the source code and didn't find anything that would help me. Also the page http://upp.sourceforge.net/src$CtrlLib$index$en-us.html at the bottom states "Others can be inserted as "User class"".
I also didn't see anywhere how to create a new widget. I try to look around and read as much as I can before I post. I hope I didn't miss all of this somewhere.

Use inheritance and/or composition. All Ultimate++ sources (files) are examples.

Quote:

If anybody answers, thanks.

All posts are answered within minutes or hours Smile (special thanks to Myrek)

P.S. Please post one topic at once and create smart names to make it useful for "future generations" and less work for me renaming them and moving Smile.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 February 2006 15:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: theIDE widgets Docs [message #837 is a reply to message #810] Sat, 04 February 2006 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tmbrline is currently offline  tmbrline
Thanks for the quick reply. I have posted to formums before only to be ignored. I am doing an Audio application and was needing a meter for levels, hence the ProgressIndicator and the horizontal and vertical question. i guess the widget may not work for this.

The not use the ide was from "In addition to what Graeme said, to have window with richedit and menu, it is usually better to actually avoid using layout and use MenuBar as frame." http://www.arilect.com/upp/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=49

I have visited this site twice and downloaded the examples twice. It too me a while to figure out the IDE, there are no pictures of it in the screenshot pages so I thought there wasn't one. The last time I visited it, I checked it out deeper and went through the tutorial, and I finally figured out how the get the IDE view, that's when I ran into the above posting. I thought it was the pervailing feeling, but after I used it all, i understood it. Nice code BTW.

Sorry about all the questions, I am new to all of this forum stuff but have been reading them for years.

Thanks
RJ

[Updated on: Tue, 07 February 2006 15:45] by Moderator

Re: theIDE widgets Docs [message #838 is a reply to message #803] Sat, 04 February 2006 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
P.S.: ProgressIndicator can be both horizontal or vertical - in fact, it is decided based on its size (width>height?horizontal:vertical)
Re: theIDE widgets Docs [message #844 is a reply to message #837] Sat, 04 February 2006 18:19 Go to previous message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
tmbrline wrote on Sat, 04 February 2006 00:47

Thanks for the quick reply. I have posted to formums before only to be ignored.

...to some other forums Smile? I haven't seen anybody ignored here.

Quote:

I am doing an Audio application and was needing a meter for levels, hence the ProgressIndicator and the horizontal and vertical question. i guess the widget may not work for this.

What reason do you suspect? Why do you think so?

Quote:

The not use the ide was from "In addition to what Graeme said, to have window with richedit and menu, it is usually better to actually avoid using layout and use MenuBar as frame." http://www.arilect.com/upp/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=49

Please use exact words and context Smile
"avoid using Layout [Designer]" - was meant "It's better to program the widget manually"
Layout Designer ia one of the many parts of theIDE (Integrated Development Environment).

Quote:

I have visited this site twice and downloaded the examples twice. It took me a while to figure out the IDE, there are no pictures of it in the screenshot pages so I thought there wasn't one.

Which site? There are 2 sites: Main project site - http://www.upp.sourceforge.net
And forums - http://www.arilect.com/upp/forum
Which examples?

Quote:

there are no pictures of it in the screenshot pages so I thought there wasn't one.

Thanks for mentioning it.
Myrek, could you please add some screenshots to sourceforge Project summary page? And/Or a separate menu "Screenshots" on "home page"?

Quote:

I finally figured out how the get the IDE view

what was difficult and/or confusing?

Quote:

Sorry about all the questions, I am new to all of this forum stuff but have been reading them for years.
Thanks
RJ

You are very welcome here!

[Updated on: Tue, 07 February 2006 15:47]

Previous Topic: documentation and uvs
Next Topic: Ultimate++ in wtl.wiki
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:54:06 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01483 seconds