Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Packages » How can I attach Layouts to LabelBox as a TabMenu replacement?
How can I attach Layouts to LabelBox as a TabMenu replacement? [message #9815] Thu, 31 May 2007 23:17 Go to next message
jlfranks is currently offline  jlfranks
I cannot use tab menu for this application. I'm trying to get a similar action using BIG buttons to change pages.

I've decided that LabelBox might be used instead of tab menu.

I want to put several overlays(Layouts) on top of one another attached to LabelBox widget. The page of interest should come to the top and be viewable depending on events that are received.

Events come from buttons located on the Home Page. Depending on the button that is pressed, different pages will come to the top.

Those pages have other content and a HomePage button that brings you back to the top.

The application is a machine tool and the operator needs to change screens via BIG buttons and touchscreen with a gloved hand.

How can I put something like this together?
Re: How can I attach Layouts to LabelBox as a TabMenu replacement? [message #9849 is a reply to message #9815] Sat, 02 June 2007 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
jlfranks wrote on Thu, 31 May 2007 23:17

I cannot use tab menu for this application. I'm trying to get a similar action using BIG buttons to change pages.

I want to put several overlays(Layouts) on top of one another attached to LabelBox widget. The page of interest should come to the top and be viewable depending on events that are received.

Events come from buttons located on the Home Page. Depending on the button that is pressed, different pages will come to the top.

Those pages have other content and a HomePage button that brings you back to the top.

The application is a machine tool and the operator needs to change screens via BIG buttons and touchscreen with a gloved hand.

I'm not sure to have understood your problem. Anyway I think you can realize as many pages you want each one with its layout. In principle you can set them not visible .Hide() and then make visible each time the one you want.

Luigi

So you can switch
Re: How can I attach Layouts to LabelBox as a TabMenu replacement? [message #9860 is a reply to message #9815] Mon, 04 June 2007 14:15 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
jlfranks wrote on Thu, 31 May 2007 17:17

I think you got it more or less right, just do not use LabelBox as parent here. You can e.g. use ParentCtrl (which in fact is just Ctrl with Transparent activated in constructor).
Previous Topic: creating package in subfolder
Next Topic: How to use third party libraries? (Newbie alert!)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:28:37 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01017 seconds