Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Static linking to my custom lib on Linux -- is there a better solution?
Static linking to my custom lib on Linux -- is there a better solution? [message #10855] Wed, 01 August 2007 18:02 Go to next message
jlfranks is currently offline  jlfranks
I have a custom static library built outside the project
located in a non-standard location.

I specified the Include and Link path, but there seems
to be no place to enter the custom library name.

TheIDE allowed me to add the libFoo.a file in the source files area and produced a successful link. Problem is that it is easy to get the editor to change the binary file because it treats it like source.

Is there not a better way to get a static link under Linux?

--jlf
Re: Static linking to my custom lib on Linux -- is there a better solution? [message #10863 is a reply to message #10855] Wed, 01 August 2007 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
Open the package organizer and add the name of your library (without leading 'lib') to "New Libraries...".

Matthias
icon7.gif  Re: Static linking to my custom lib on Linux -- is there a better solution? [message #10867 is a reply to message #10863] Wed, 01 August 2007 20:22 Go to previous message
jlfranks is currently offline  jlfranks
Yes, that works. Thank you.

--jlf
Previous Topic: How to work with other compilers (e. g.: Borland Turbo or Builder, DigitalMars, DJGPP, OpenWatcom)
Next Topic: Linker error (Mingw)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 23:43:34 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06151 seconds