Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Layout (Forms) Designer » make widgets sizeables in Layout Designer
make widgets sizeables in Layout Designer [message #924] Thu, 09 February 2006 11:55 Go to next message
riri is currently offline  riri
Promising Member
Hi, newbee to upp speaking Smile

I've a simple question, just to confirm after a brief source code navigation:
We simply can make TopWindow sizeable with the pair Sizeable().Zoomable(), but is it possible to handle dynamic size for widgets within layouts ?

If a take the AddressBook example, there're two elements in the windows: the tab and the array. I'd like to make them grow or shrink when I size the top window.

I saw in the layout designer some buttons to play with horizontal and vertical sizes, but this doesn't seem to be their purpose Smile

Thanks in advance, upp isn't finished, but has a brillant future

Edit: topic name by fudadmin

[Updated on: Thu, 09 February 2006 16:19] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: make widgets sizeables [message #934 is a reply to message #924] Thu, 09 February 2006 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
riri wrote on Thu, 09 February 2006 05:55

We simply can make TopWindow sizeable with the pair Sizeable().Zoomable(), but is it possible to handle dynamic size for widgets within layouts ?

If a take the AddressBook example, there're two elements in the windows: the tab and the array. I'd like to make them grow or shrink when I size the top window.

I saw in the layout designer some buttons to play with horizontal and vertical sizes, but this doesn't seem to be their purpose Smile

You need to find (with mouse over) and play with some buttons: "Spring Horizontal Size" and/or "Spring Vertical Size" etc.

Have fun Smile
Re: make widgets sizeables [message #935 is a reply to message #934] Thu, 09 February 2006 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riri is currently offline  riri
Promising Member
fudadmin wrote on Thu, 09 February 2006 16:13

You need to find (with mouse over) and play with some buttons: "Spring Horizontal Size" and/or "Spring Vertical Size" etc.

Have fun Smile

That's what I did, and I don't know why this didn't work. Instead of modifying the AddressBook sample, I made a new empty app, with a layout including a text field (top, spring hor), an array (middle, spring hor and vert) and a tab (bottom, spring hor, fixed to bottom), and it works !

thks
Re: make widgets sizeables [message #948 is a reply to message #935] Thu, 09 February 2006 22:02 Go to previous message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
riri wrote on Thu, 09 February 2006 10:22

fudadmin wrote on Thu, 09 February 2006 16:13

Have fun Smile

That's what I did, and I don't know why this didn't work.

Maybe you have selected wrong widgets?
Previous Topic: layout help
Next Topic: layout editor [BUG][FIXED]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:37:03 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01017 seconds