Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » FreeBSD: Help, I've lost my templates ....
FreeBSD: Help, I've lost my templates .... [message #11309] Mon, 03 September 2007 10:57 Go to next message
Humperdinck is currently offline  Humperdinck
Dear Forum,

First of all, thanks for u++!

I run FreeBSD and have v2007.1 installed from ports. I have somehow managed to make the templates vanish. I have tried make deinstall clean; make install but they are still missing.

Can anyone help me find them?

/Humperdinck
Re: FreeBSD: Help, I've lost my templates .... [message #11310 is a reply to message #11309] Mon, 03 September 2007 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Humperdinck is currently offline  Humperdinck
Ok, I can answer this myself. I found another thread that has three templates for download at:

http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=105 34&&srch=templates#msg_10534

Thank you to original poster.

/Humperdinck
Re: FreeBSD: Help, I've lost my templates .... [message #16795 is a reply to message #11310] Fri, 11 July 2008 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

I`ve met the same problem recently.
Many problems with TheIDE are solved while correcting files within
(local sources copy)/.upp
or
(local sources copy)/.theide
directories (depending on U++ version, I suppose).
Re: FreeBSD: Help, I've lost my templates .... [message #16841 is a reply to message #16795] Wed, 16 July 2008 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
I will try to find a better port install solution for upcoming release.

Matthias
Re: FreeBSD: Help, I've lost my templates .... [message #16845 is a reply to message #16841] Wed, 16 July 2008 23:05 Go to previous message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Recently I`ve installed 3 different versions of *BSD systems (PC-BSD, DesktopBSD and FreeBSD). In each of them I`vemade one rule which works fine all the time. It is nearly 100% probability it will work without problems for you too.

* First, install upp2007 package from FreeBSD ports ftp with "pkg_add -r upp".

* Run "gcc --v" to test it`s version. FreeBSD 7 distribution has gcc 4.2.1 installed by default. This gcc version is buggy and creates U++ programs that throw critical exceptions. So if your version is 4.2.1 I recommend using gcc 4.3 by installing "pkg_add -r gcc43". This creates new gcc43 package, so you need to set up new compiler in TheIDE entering Setup-Build methods...-Compiler name = g++43

* Then I run TheIDE and it copies all the sources to my home directory /home/paul/upp. (just for test and to trick TheIDE compiling with my local sources). Then I run TheIDE and look if it works fine.

* Then rename /home/paul/upp/ to ensure no collisions in the next step.

* Then I use svn to get latest sources to where my local copy was with "svn checkout http://upp.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/upp/trunk/ /home/paul/upp/".

* Then I start TheIDE once again. On load I choose uppsrc/ide package. I switch to GCC Optimal, in Setup-Build methods I ensure that Release mode is switched to Shared libs. Then I go to Build-Output mode and switch both Debug and Release to Use shared libs mode.

* Then I start building TheIDE from latest sources. It takes rather long time but you`ll have latest version of TheIDE built and sources checked - it is worth waiting. After compiling, look attentively at linking process: it should go without any errors. If errors appear, you most likely didn`t switch to Shared libs or have wrong versions of libraries.

* After successful linkage I quit TheIDE. Then I copy /home/paul/upp/out/GCC.Gui.Shared/ide to /usr/local/bin/theide as root user.

* Copy old *.var and GCC.bm from old ~/.theide to ~/.upp/theide/

* Restarting TheIDE and ensuring it works fine. I assume successful TheIDE working is equal to overall sources testing since such a complex application works successfully for your configuration.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 January 2009 23:27]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: GCC code size optimizations on ARM - GNU/Linux - uClibC
Next Topic: printing on linux: missing preview?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:59:00 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00828 seconds