Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » how to use non integer coordinates (like OpenGL) with Draw?
icon11.gif  how to use non integer coordinates (like OpenGL) with Draw? [message #11976] Fri, 05 October 2007 22:00 Go to next message
ajmf77 is currently offline  ajmf77
Promising Member
Hi:
I am wondering with Draw funcionality, but for now, can't know well many of them:
First, for now, how can i use non integer coordinates, like OpenGL, with Draw, and manipulate mouse coordinates for the feedback?
Thanks in advance!

Alejandro Muņoz Fonttz
Project Engineer
Re: how to use non integer coordinates (like OpenGL) with Draw? [message #11983 is a reply to message #11976] Sat, 06 October 2007 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
ajmf77 wrote on Fri, 05 October 2007 16:00

Hi:
I am wondering with Draw funcionality, but for now, can't know well many of them:
First, for now, how can i use non integer coordinates, like OpenGL, with Draw, and manipulate mouse coordinates for the feedback?
Thanks in advance!

Coordinates for Draw are either in screen pixels or "dots" for physical devices like printer. "int" is enough here. Draw is intentionally kept "primitive".

If you are in request of converting other types of coordinates, you need to do that on your own.

Mirek
Re: how to use non integer coordinates (like OpenGL) with Draw? [message #11988 is a reply to message #11983] Sat, 06 October 2007 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ajmf77 is currently offline  ajmf77
Promising Member
Hi:
thanks for your answer. Indeed, I think about this like you answer, and i am very tempted to use the GEOM package. It is usable, anyway? At the time, enough of can i read about this looks impressive, but it is VAST, too.
Any suggestion?
PD: Actually, I want to make an 2D CAD (very simple, also) for modeling plane bar structures (indeed, i am a Structural Engineer), and i need this for complete my own Analisys software.
Thanks!

Alejandro Muņoz Fonttz
Re: how to use non integer coordinates (like OpenGL) with Draw? [message #11993 is a reply to message #11988] Sat, 06 October 2007 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
ajmf77 wrote on Sat, 06 October 2007 12:34

Hi:
thanks for your answer. Indeed, I think about this like you answer, and i am very tempted to use the GEOM package. It is usable, anyway? At the time, enough of can i read about this looks impressive, but it is VAST, too.
Any suggestion?
PD: Actually, I want to make an 2D CAD (very simple, also) for modeling plane bar structures (indeed, i am a Structural Engineer), and i need this for complete my own Analisys software.
Thanks!

Alejandro Muņoz Fonttz

It is definitely usable and maintained, but expect less support... Smile

Search the forum for details.

Mirek
Re: how to use non integer coordinates (like OpenGL) with Draw? [message #19351 is a reply to message #11993] Fri, 28 November 2008 13:07 Go to previous message
rylek is currently offline  rylek
Hi there!

I believe that if you intend to go the 2D CAD way, the Geom module might be of some use to you. The Geom/Draw Plotter object handles affine coordinate transform, the Tool objects (PathTool, AreaTool, MarkTool) can be used to draw some primitive objects using logical (float) coordinates. The PlotterCtrl control in Geom/Ctrl is a generic view control intended exactly for viewing and editation float-based drawing-style data. There is a DragDrop subobject which can be used to implement various mouse operation modes. There are also some murkier areas, like a toolbox for handling geographic coordinate transforms, but perhaps it'll be better to leave that for later. There are also some generic mathematical and computational geometry-related routines like linear equation set solver, complex polygon splitter or Delaunay triangulator. Parts of the stuff don't really belong there and some slowly find their way into Mirek-maintained main trunk Wink.

Regards

Tomas
Previous Topic: Draw was added to plugin/png.
Next Topic: DrawWin32.cpp: PrintDraw::InitPrinter()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:42:02 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01836 seconds