FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Collapsable/Expandable Frame
Re: Collapsable/Expandable Frame [message #17907 is a reply to message #17905] Tue, 02 September 2008 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
mrjt wrote on Tue, 02 September 2008 20:20

cbporter's much prettier style is now the default.

Wow, I'm flattered. It's not that pretty anyway Smile. Thinking about it, I think I do have somewhere a partially improved one, because my style did not support images (I was too lazy to hand place the images in my modified layout back then). I'm not sure it's done yet. Or did you already add the missing image support?
Re: Collapsable/Expandable Frame [message #17919 is a reply to message #17907] Tue, 02 September 2008 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
cbpporter wrote on Tue, 02 September 2008 18:28

mrjt wrote on Tue, 02 September 2008 20:20

cbporter's much prettier style is now the default.

Wow, I'm flattered. It's not that pretty anyway Smile. Thinking about it, I think I do have somewhere a partially improved one, because my style did not support images (I was too lazy to hand place the images in my modified layout back then). I'm not sure it's done yet. Or did you already add the missing image support?

Yeah, but mine was seriously ugly Smile.

I never tried it with images. If you can dig it out I'll add it in.

Re: Collapsable/Expandable Frame [message #18455 is a reply to message #17905] Wed, 01 October 2008 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
mrjt wrote on Tue, 02 September 2008 19:20

I've added this package (ExpandFrame) to Bazaar. It now also contains a container Ctrl that allows vertical or horizontal stacking of the frames (with scrolling) and cbporter's much prettier style is now the default.

Hello,

I'm interested in this package, but I've not understood where to download the latest version. Is it in SVN?

EDIT: Yes, it is in SVN

Thanks,
Luigi

[Updated on: Wed, 01 October 2008 22:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Collapsable/Expandable Frame [message #18457 is a reply to message #18455] Wed, 01 October 2008 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
forlano wrote on Wed, 01 October 2008 22:36

I've added this package (ExpandFrame) to Bazaar. It now also contains a container Ctrl that allows vertical or horizontal stacking of the frames (with scrolling) and cbporter's much prettier style is now the default.

Hello,

I'm interested in this package, but I've not understood where to download the latest version. Is it in SVN?

EDIT: Yes, it is in SVN.

EDIT2: I've downloaded the .deb version but I do not see any test case Rolling Eyes .

Thanks,
Luigi

[Updated on: Thu, 02 October 2008 07:21]

Re: Collapsable/Expandable Frame [message #18463 is a reply to message #18457] Thu, 02 October 2008 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
forlano wrote on Wed, 01 October 2008 23:02

forlano wrote on Wed, 01 October 2008 22:36

Hello,

EDIT: Yes, it is in SVN.

EDIT2: I've downloaded the .deb version but I do not see any test case Rolling Eyes .

Hoping to find the ExpandFrame package in the svn for windows I've downloaded it. Unfortunately the whole bazaar assembly is absent.
So, if I have not missed something, the windows and linux distro are not equivalent.
Anyway, where can I download the ExpandFrame package with a test case?
Thanks,
Luigi
Re: Collapsable/Expandable Frame [message #18644 is a reply to message #18463] Tue, 14 October 2008 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
forlano wrote:

Hoping to find the ExpandFrame package in the svn for windows I've downloaded it. Unfortunately the whole bazaar assembly is absent.
So, if I have not missed something, the windows and linux distro are not equivalent.
Anyway, where can I download the ExpandFrame package with a test case?
Thanks,
Luigi
Apologies for the delay. There never was a proper test-case before, so I've attached a zip containing both the source and an example (also added to SVN).

I'm not sure why the Bazaar assembly is missing from the SVN, it's certainly in the one I use. Is the actual Bazaar sub-directory missing?
Re: Collapsable/Expandable Frame [message #18646 is a reply to message #18644] Tue, 14 October 2008 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
mrjt wrote on Tue, 14 October 2008 12:41

Apologies for the delay. There never was a proper test-case before, so I've attached a zip containing both the source and an example (also added to SVN).

I'm not sure why the Bazaar assembly is missing from the SVN, it's certainly in the one I use. Is the actual Bazaar sub-directory missing?

Hi,

I have downloaded from http://www.ultimatepp.org/svnbuilds the latest svn (is that the place where to download the current distro with your last update? I am afraid not). I found the baazar folder but it didn't appeared in theide. I've added a bazaar.var file in the root directory and everything was OK. So seems that only this file is missing in SVN.

Thanks,
Luigi

[Updated on: Tue, 14 October 2008 13:21]

Re: Collapsable/Expandable Frame [message #18648 is a reply to message #18646] Tue, 14 October 2008 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
To be honest, I'm a little confused about what happens with the SVN these days, I just update to wherever I'm told and generally only use the last proper release.

The downloads at svnbuilds are obviously somewhat out of date as the last update was on the 30th of September. If you want to get up-to-the minute updates you have to checkout directly from the repository.

There was some discussion about what to do about the Bazaar assembly, I don't know what conclusion was reached but having it completely missing doesn't seem right.

And I realised I forgot the .zip, so here you are.
Re: Collapsable/Expandable Frame [message #25318 is a reply to message #18648] Wed, 17 February 2010 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

If I do a lot of sections / frames so that the scrollbar appears, I try to navigate through the fields using Tab / Shift + Tab. When I move below the scrolling region, the frame does not scroll automatically, and further movement between the fields I can not see.
To see at what I field, and generally to see this field I have to help with the mouse, what is wrong. I believe that this package is interesting primarily for editing large forms, which can not be placed entirely on the screen.

How to automatically move the scrollbar, using the Tab / Shift + Tab, the current field would be visible all the time?

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}
Re: Collapsable/Expandable Frame [message #25350 is a reply to message #25318] Thu, 18 February 2010 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

SOLVED. I'll try to propose modifications of package "ExpandFrame".

{
}
Re: Collapsable/Expandable Frame [message #25610 is a reply to message #25350] Wed, 03 March 2010 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Cool, I hadn't come across that problem Smile I don't have time to do it myself, but it should be possible with something like ChildGotFocus?

Maybe also some custom focus shifting code that can automatically open closed frames?
Re: Collapsable/Expandable Frame [message #25619 is a reply to message #25610] Thu, 04 March 2010 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

The idea of opening / closing frame is interesting, but I did not really get what you suggest. If possible, tell me more how it should look like.

By the way I would have uploaded the current version, but it seemed wrong to upload the product, the author of which I am not.

PS
If you do not mind I put it up in SVN. (since I started its intensive use)

PSPS
Or I can upload it under a different name.

{
}
Re: Collapsable/Expandable Frame [message #25627 is a reply to message #25619] Thu, 04 March 2010 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Please upload it to the SVN. And add your name as and Author/Contributor in the package comments if you like.

Re: Collapsable/Expandable Frame [message #25629 is a reply to message #25627] Thu, 04 March 2010 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

OK, thanx.

{
}
A small bug. [message #40696 is a reply to message #12019] Wed, 04 September 2013 09:09 Go to previous message
rxantos is currently offline  rxantos
When using the Flat Style, the control crashes if the frame is expanded. This happens because the borders are set to NULL on the flat style.

to fix it change in ExpandFrame::BorderSz()
int sz = (int)(uintptr_t)(handle.style->border[0][0]);

to
int sz = (handle.style->border[0]) ? (int)(uintptr_t)(handle.style->border[0][0]) : 0;

Previous Topic: Added single and double linked lists
Next Topic: AESStream MSCx66 error and fix
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:56:01 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01626 seconds