Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » Bad "comma" character from Assist++
Bad "comma" character from Assist++ [message #12167] Mon, 15 October 2007 02:01 Go to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
On kubuntu 6.10 with 2007.1 stable I did set UTF-8 as default for new source files.

Now when I use Assist++ to write down function and parameters in the editor I do get:
	String s = Garble(const char *s¸ const char *e)

The "comma" between parameters is some weird character, not comma.

During compilation I get these errors:
/home/ped/UppMyApps/AssistTests/AssistTests.cpp:5: error: stray ‘\302’ in program
/home/ped/UppMyApps/AssistTests/AssistTests.cpp:5: error: stray ‘\270’ in program

(I had this problem since forever, I just never bothered to report it, but it's getting quite annoying as I'm using Ultimate more.)

[Updated on: Mon, 15 October 2007 02:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bad "comma" character from Assist++ [message #12168 is a reply to message #12167] Mon, 15 October 2007 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mr_ped wrote on Sun, 14 October 2007 20:01

On kubuntu 6.10 with 2007.1 stable I did set UTF-8 as default for new source files.

Now when I use Assist++ to write down function and parameters in the editor I do get:
	String s = Garble(const char *s� const char *e)

The "comma" between parameters is some weird character, not comma.

A feature. Replace the first parameters with the real one (const char *s is selected), then press ',' (after replacing the first parameter, cursor will be before that 'weird' character).
Re: Bad "comma" character from Assist++ [message #12170 is a reply to message #12168] Mon, 15 October 2007 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Maybe we should paint that "weird" character in bold and in a different color. Or let's get rid of it and insert ordinary commas and if cursor is between method brackets pressing comma should move cursor to the next parameter or if it is problematic (why?) tab key can be used.
Re: Bad "comma" character from Assist++ [message #12171 is a reply to message #12167] Mon, 15 October 2007 09:56 Go to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
That sound reasonable, I had to think for some seconds before I realized why it annoys me so much anyway, even when I *do* rewrite first parameter, hit comma, and write the second one.

The annoyance is when I call some lower level function from some sort of wrapper or extension function, which has same parameter names, like:
void Foo( char fooparam1, char fooparam2 ) {
}
void FooEx( char exparam1, char fooparam1, char fooparam2 ) {
  Foo( fooparam1, fooparam2 );
}

In such case the Assist does produce almost final code, all I need is just to delete parameter types (a little bit of Ctrl+arrow/shift/delete magic)... and in such case I often overlook that weird character and than I get an error during compilation.
Previous Topic: minor bug with highlighting of float numbers
Next Topic: THISBACKS.. - Command has no reaction
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:27:13 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01951 seconds