Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » U++ users applications in progress and useful code snippets, including reference examples! » embedded configuration data/values in self for a executable
embedded configuration data/values in self for a executable [message #12966] Fri, 30 November 2007 19:25 Go to next message
amit is currently offline  amit
Promising Member
Problem:

I want to embed few configuration variables within the executable it self:

1) One way would be placing the data at the end of the executable/binary file and reading from there.

2) I would prefer some standard way(if there is) .. is there any such way to do so ..

I read "About storing configuration: but didn't really got waht exactly i wanted...

this is not a generic u++ question so when i saw the threads in this forum it seems like it is the right place to ask this question, if i was wrong please correct me .. Razz
Re: embedded configuration data/values in self for a executable [message #12970 is a reply to message #12966] Sat, 01 December 2007 15:15 Go to previous message
amit is currently offline  amit
Promising Member
in "Including binary data using .brc files" section of Manual, defines a way to include a resource in executables.

Another aspect of it would be "editing the resource while execution", ... can this be done using u++ std or is there any standard way of doing it??
Previous Topic: Porting a Delphi Application
Next Topic: Sometimes, you don't want to update the GUI...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:14:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02133 seconds