FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Great (and funny) Linus' speach about GIT
Re: Great (and funny) Linus' speach about GIT [message #13524 is a reply to message #13522] Fri, 11 January 2008 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mdelfede wrote on Fri, 11 January 2008 12:44

luzr wrote on Fri, 11 January 2008 18:37

Generally, undo works on pretty low level - there are only two basic operations supported by editor - insert and remove. Both store records to undo queue.

In your case it would mean that if you perform your replace as "remove" / "insert", it should work... (I guess you will want to support selection reformatting as well, so this is more than natural IMO).

So, to reformat all editor code I should do a 'remove' of a selection of full code, then insert a new one... ok. Is it possible to group 2 operations in 1 undo step ? So, if I undo the change, I don't have on first undo the code fully erased ?

Yes, sorry, forgot to mention. Steps are grouped by "serial id". If you call NextUndo, you start another undo block. Actually, these things are even documented, see TextCtrl documentation.

Mirek
Re: Great (and funny) Linus' speach about GIT [message #13533 is a reply to message #13496] Mon, 14 January 2008 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
luzr wrote on Fri, 11 January 2008 08:03

Why do not you just sit and start coding?

If you need more developers participate, fine, you have Bazaar SVN repo.

BTW, I am still waiting for a reasonable AGG package without a catch. Something I can download, unpack to 1-3 packages, move into my uppdev nest and start testing. Something like extended testcase. It would be helpful, if for nothing else, to bechmark the performance of new planned painting module... Smile

Mirek

Was the agg plugin package, which I subtmitted:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th= 2416&goto=10449#msg_10449
unreasonable or with a catch?

You never told what was wrong with it. And why it was never included into upp downloads?
Or to use something with Ultimate++ you must first narrow the api with Upp way of wrapping things?
Even for the latter goal, maybe more new users could have been attracted - if they found it and were able to use it in the original agg way - and then contribute to those wrappers?
You don't test win32 libs to be used with U++, do you? Wink

Or if are concerned about the purity and quality of some packages, why not to add a subfolder "3rdParty" like other projects do?

P.S And if you write code practically without comments and documentation, and expect people to grasp everything in a few weeks and at the same time learn libraries like agg, write articles, do other things etc., and to be not frustrated when ...?

How many of those developers still participate from the very beginning?...
Re: Great (and funny) Linus' speach about GIT [message #13536 is a reply to message #13533] Mon, 14 January 2008 11:36 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Sun, 13 January 2008 22:55

luzr wrote on Fri, 11 January 2008 08:03

Why do not you just sit and start coding?

If you need more developers participate, fine, you have Bazaar SVN repo.

BTW, I am still waiting for a reasonable AGG package without a catch. Something I can download, unpack to 1-3 packages, move into my uppdev nest and start testing. Something like extended testcase. It would be helpful, if for nothing else, to bechmark the performance of new planned painting module... Smile

Mirek

Was the agg plugin package, which I subtmitted:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th= 2416&goto=10449#msg_10449
unreasonable or with a catch?

You never told what was wrong with it. And why it was never included into upp downloads?

Actually, it is a very good start.

But somehow I suspect users want to draw more than lines and ellipses... Smile

Quote:

Or to use something with Ultimate++ you must first narrow the api with Upp way of wrapping things?

Actually, yes. I would like to have more intuitive interface and better integrated with U++.

Quote:

Even for the latter goal, maybe more new users could have been attracted - if they found it and were able to use it in the original agg way - and then contribute to those wrappers?

Or if are concerned about the purity and quality of some packages, why not to add a subfolder "3rdParty" like other projects do?

We already have. Bazaar with SVN access. You should read forums and even this thread more carefully.

Mirek
Previous Topic: About vista....
Next Topic: Successfull cross-compile to ARM9, AT91SAM9263-ek
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:34:39 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02103 seconds