FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ SQL » Using SQL in multiple source files
Using SQL in multiple source files [message #14768] Thu, 13 March 2008 23:48 Go to next message
dmcgeoch is currently offline  dmcgeoch
Hello all,

I have a project that I started this past summer. In it I divided the source into logical groupings to prevent having to search through a single large source file. The version of UPP that I had used (I don't remember exactly which one) and MINGW would refuse to link due to multiple declarations of the SQL variable names if I only recompiled a single file. If I rebuilt the entire project, the linking error was resolved. Now with the latest svn version (182) and MSC9 I can get the linker to complete without error. I have the schema and sqlite3 headers defined in the main include file.

I am just wondering if there is a work around, other than including all of the SQL statements in one file.

Thanks for the help,

Dave

Recompiled with MINGW and linked without an error. So the issue must be with MSC9. I still need to perform a completed rebuild for any changes to files that contain SQL statements.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 March 2008 00:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Using SQL in multiple source files [message #14777 is a reply to message #14768] Fri, 14 March 2008 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
dmcgeoch wrote on Thu, 13 March 2008 18:48

Hello all,

I have a project that I started this past summer. In it I divided the source into logical groupings to prevent having to search through a single large source file. The version of UPP that I had used (I don't remember exactly which one) and MINGW would refuse to link due to multiple declarations of the SQL variable names if I only recompiled a single file. If I rebuilt the entire project, the linking error was resolved. Now with the latest svn version (182) and MSC9 I can get the linker to complete without error. I have the schema and sqlite3 headers defined in the main include file.

I am just wondering if there is a work around, other than including all of the SQL statements in one file.

Thanks for the help,

Dave

Recompiled with MINGW and linked without an error. So the issue must be with MSC9. I still need to perform a completed rebuild for any changes to files that contain SQL statements.

Very likely, you have wrong "*_header.h" and "*_source.h" includes for .sch files. BLITZ unfortunately sometimes hides this problem.

Mirek
Re: Using SQL in multiple source files [message #14780 is a reply to message #14777] Fri, 14 March 2008 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mirek,

Thank you for the response. Are there any examples? Every example that I found included all of the SQL in the main source file.

Thank you for your assistance,

Dave
Re: Using SQL in multiple source files [message #14784 is a reply to message #14780] Fri, 14 March 2008 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
examples/SQLApp

Mirek
Re: Using SQL in multiple source files [message #14808 is a reply to message #14784] Sat, 15 March 2008 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I made changes to match how SQLApp is setup. I still have an issue with MSC9 and linking, but MINGW compiles and link without issue. I'll keep looking into it to see if maybe I left something out.

Thank you for your help.

Dave
Re: Using SQL in multiple source files [message #14809 is a reply to message #14808] Sat, 15 March 2008 15:18 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
You can always zip it & post it here Smile

Mirek
Previous Topic: Methods of SQL debugging
Next Topic: Catch errors with Sql.Execute
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:30:05 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03912 seconds