Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Layout (Forms) Designer » Layout-editor switches to text-editor when starting debug [BUG][INTENTIONAL]
Layout-editor switches to text-editor when starting debug [BUG][INTENTIONAL] [message #1196] Thu, 23 February 2006 00:11 Go to next message
zsolt is currently offline  zsolt
Contributor
I don't know if is it a feature or a bug, but I don't know how to swich it back to layout editor.
I have to restart IDE to get the layout-editor back.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 May 2006 03:57] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Layout-editor switches to text-editor when starting debug [message #1205 is a reply to message #1196] Thu, 23 February 2006 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
It is a feature - in fact, .lay is by C++ compiler interpreted as the code and sometimes it is good to be able to trace through it.

There is "Edit as text"/"Edit using designer" item in the "Edit" menu (Ctrl+T).

Mirek
Re: Layout-editor switches to text-editor when starting debug [message #1209 is a reply to message #1205] Thu, 23 February 2006 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zsolt is currently offline  zsolt
Contributor
Thanks a lot!
I think, there is some problem with my eyes Embarassed
Re: Layout-editor switches to text-editor when starting debug [message #1807 is a reply to message #1209] Mon, 20 March 2006 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
The same thing happens with .iml files, they switch to text view in debugging. And I am having a problem with switching back to designer view. When the debugger is running I either don't have "Edit in designer (Ctrl-T)" in the Edit menu, or I have but it doesn't do anything. I am running 603-dev1 version.
index.php?t=getfile&id=94&private=0

[Updated on: Mon, 20 March 2006 09:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Layout-editor switches to text-editor when starting debug [message #1808 is a reply to message #1807] Mon, 20 March 2006 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
hojtsy wrote on Mon, 20 March 2006 03:26

The same thing happens with .iml files, they switch to text view in debugging. And I am having a problem with switching back to designer view. When the debugger is running I either don't have "Edit in designer (Ctrl-T)" in the Edit menu, or I have but it doesn't do anything. I am running 603-dev1 version.
index.php?t=getfile&id=94&private=0

This is deliberate. Both .iml and .lay are C++ code that can be traced.

In other words, if debugger traces the code down to .lay or .iml, how would you expect to show the current location in graphical designer? Smile

Mirek
Re: Layout-editor switches to text-editor when starting debug [message #1810 is a reply to message #1808] Mon, 20 March 2006 10:30 Go to previous message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
Then there is still the bug that "Edit in designer" menu item is shown sometimes during debugging. See this screenshot with debugger running (app icon shows debugger). Clicking the menu item doesn't do anything visible, but if you click it, it is not shown anymore even if you stop debugging. You need to close & reopen the file to see this menu item again.
index.php?t=getfile&id=95&private=0
How about delaying the view switching until the text view is needed for debugger? I rarely trace into image files Smile
Previous Topic: Why ImageCtrl isn't in layout editor?
Next Topic: Tab Order in Layout Editor [SOLVED]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:56:00 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00995 seconds