Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Geom package status ?
icon5.gif  Geom package status ? [message #15413] Tue, 22 April 2008 15:36 Go to next message
tlukanov is currently offline  tlukanov
Hello,

I've started to make a 2D gis editor.
At this moment I'm using Upp 2007.1 with MinGW on Windows 2000.

The question is what is good starting point implementing the on screen (and printer) render classes.

I think i could do it myself, translating geometry world coordinates to screen coordinates, implementing zoom etc. and only using the U++ Draw class.

Can i use the geom package?

I searched forum, but there is no documentation or examples describing the geom package.
Even on SVN I can't found working version of Geom package.

I found Gertwin questions about Geom, and seems like he have same problems like me.
So what is current status of Geom package and shal I use it in my project ?

Plese help ! Embarassed

Todor
Re: Geom package status ? [message #15420 is a reply to message #15413] Wed, 23 April 2008 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Geom, our nemesis Smile

Well, the problem with Geom is that it contains a lot of tremedously useful code, but it would definitely need some polishing.

Well, I guess, maybe just copy what you find useful into your code. As soon as "final" Geom is available, removing it from your code should not be hard.

Mirek
icon7.gif  Re: Geom package status ? [message #15431 is a reply to message #15420] Wed, 23 April 2008 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for fast reply Mirek !

At this moment I'll continue digging into Geom package.
How I can be useful for 'final' Geom ?
I can upload somewhere working Geom, when I finish.
(May be here in forum ?)

By the way, I have some additional extras for Upp, that can be useful for other Upp users.

Where to upload thease pieses of code ?

SORRY for my bad english ! Embarassed
Todor
Re: Geom package status ? [message #15432 is a reply to message #15431] Wed, 23 April 2008 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Bazaar.

Mirek
icon14.gif  Re: Geom package status ? [message #15433 is a reply to message #15432] Wed, 23 April 2008 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot ! Very Happy
icon7.gif  Re: Geom package status ? [message #20688 is a reply to message #15433] Tue, 31 March 2009 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Atle is currently offline  Atle
In this last time I have learned the basic of the use of Ultimate++, I really liked a lot in comparison with others. Now I am interested in making a GIS. I have seen for myself and also here in the forum that the package GEOM has difficulties, however, I have also read of people that have been able to work with the package GEOM (PlotterCtrl, ...), with files of vectorial images as *. shp and others. I don't know as they have made it, if they have modified, added or removed files. They could please help me.
Thank you.
Re: Geom package status ? [message #20718 is a reply to message #20688] Wed, 01 April 2009 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
You might want to know there is a new player on the field:

Painter

Mirek
Re: Geom package status ? [message #20746 is a reply to message #20718] Fri, 03 April 2009 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thank you very much for your answer, try it. Thanks again. Razz
Re: Geom package status ? [message #20972 is a reply to message #20746] Wed, 22 April 2009 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Mirex, and tried Painter, is very good. But it seems not to have certain characteristics which have to handle elements Geom GIS, it will later? Or should I only have these particular characteristics Geom. Thank you.
Re: Geom package status ? [message #20980 is a reply to message #20972] Thu, 23 April 2009 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Atle wrote on Wed, 22 April 2009 11:37

Hello Mirex, and tried Painter, is very good. But it seems not to have certain characteristics which have to handle elements Geom GIS, it will later?

Hm, like what? (I am not that much into GIS, but I believe there is not much GIS stuff in Geom).

Mirek
Re: Geom package status ? [message #20986 is a reply to message #20972] Thu, 23 April 2009 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gertwin is currently offline  gertwin
Promising Member
Atle wrote on Wed, 22 April 2009 17:37

Hello Mirex, and tried Painter, is very good. But it seems not to have certain characteristics which have to handle elements Geom GIS, it will later? Or should I only have these particular characteristics Geom. Thank you.

Do you mean a control that can paint sdo_geometry structs?

[Updated on: Thu, 23 April 2009 22:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Geom package status ? [message #21061 is a reply to message #20986] Wed, 29 April 2009 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry if I am wrong. I am referring to what Rylek mentioned:

"...
geom - various 2D and 3D analytic geometry calculations, linear equation set solver, Delaunay triangulator, generic polygon rasterizer

geom/Coords - utilities for geographic coordinate transform calculations; several coordinate systems have already been implemented, unfortunately (for evident reasons) mostly systems used in the middle Europe.

geom/Draw - linear & bilinear image warping (imgtran), floating-point based drawing tools (plotter), generic patterned line drawing (pathDraw)

geom/Ctrl - Ctrl-related stuff, most important is PlotterCtrl which is a zoomable view to a physical floating-point-based world
..."

Atle.
Re: Geom package status ? [message #21062 is a reply to message #21061] Wed, 29 April 2009 20:16 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Atle wrote on Wed, 29 April 2009 11:15

Sorry if I am wrong. I am referring to what Rylek mentioned:

"...
geom - various 2D and 3D analytic geometry calculations, linear equation set solver, Delaunay triangulator, generic polygon rasterizer

geom/Coords - utilities for geographic coordinate transform calculations; several coordinate systems have already been implemented, unfortunately (for evident reasons) mostly systems used in the middle Europe.

geom/Draw - linear & bilinear image warping (imgtran), floating-point based drawing tools (plotter), generic patterned line drawing (pathDraw)

geom/Ctrl - Ctrl-related stuff, most important is PlotterCtrl which is a zoomable view to a physical floating-point-based world
..."

Atle.

Painter basically provides better equivalent of geom/Draw.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Svn 1095 breaks linking of PdfDraw on linux
Next Topic: [FEATURE REQUEST] html viewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:13:11 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03210 seconds