FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ SQL » FireBird plugin and test program
FireBird plugin and test program [message #17145] Thu, 31 July 2008 00:41 Go to next message
aldeacity is currently offline  aldeacity
Promising Member
Hello!

I'm happy to send a first version of FireBird plugin and a simple test program to probe it with FireBird employee sample database.

This plugin uses dli system to link with DLL both in Windows (fbclient.dll) and Posix (libfbclient.so.2).

Schema header definition perhaps needs a better type.

I've tested it in Windows XP Professional SP3 and Ubuntu 8.04.1. as in local databases as remote servers.

I'll be pleasure to add new features as it will be needed and usefull.

Thanks.
Juan.
Re: FireBird plugin and test program [message #17147 is a reply to message #17145] Thu, 31 July 2008 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Great!

Yesterday I almost finished integrating Decimal with Core. I must do some more test (I'll also check your plugin) and then I'll commit changes.
Re: FireBird plugin and test program [message #17153 is a reply to message #17147] Thu, 31 July 2008 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Factor is currently offline  Factor
Promising Member
Hi!

I'm the creator of the decimal class.
Some months ago I've made some test to check wheter the arithmetic oparations are correct, but they were not enough to say that the code is bug-less.
As I can remember the overflow checking parts are also commented out. The sign handling, the rounding and the multiplication/division parts needs heavy testing.

Regards:
Factor
Re: FireBird plugin and test program [message #17154 is a reply to message #17147] Thu, 31 July 2008 12:20 Go to previous message
aldeacity is currently offline  aldeacity
Promising Member
Hello!

in firebird plugin, numeric type are treated as double. I don't know if it's correc to adapt it to new decimal class.

Juan.
Previous Topic: underflow in bool Sql::fetch()
Next Topic: First Firebird for U++ steps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:32:52 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03641 seconds