Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Save or Cancel on Close
Save or Cancel on Close [message #1474] Mon, 06 March 2006 01:19 Go to next message
gedumer is currently offline  gedumer
Promising Member
I was experimenting with one of example .lay files in the editor just to get some experience with the GUI designer. After I was finished I decided to exit TheIDE. I expected to see a popup message asking if I wanted to save the changes to the .lay file, but none appeared. I expected that the next time I opened that package, none of the changes I made would have been saved because I wasn't asked if I wanted to save them. To my surprise, the next time I opened the package, the changes had been saved even though I was not asked. I consider this to be a flaw in TheIDE. Does anyone else agree?
Re: Save or Cancel on Close [message #1475 is a reply to message #1474] Mon, 06 March 2006 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Hmm... After some time you will get addicted...
From statistical point of view: if you edit something then in most cases you save it? But to change habits is really difficult.

So, I'd suggest that those kind of features to be configurable in settings somewhere.

Also, it would be good to have a button or a shortcut - "revert all changes"?
Re: Save or Cancel on Close [message #1479 is a reply to message #1475] Mon, 06 March 2006 07:28 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Sun, 05 March 2006 19:43

Hmm... After some time you will get addicted...
From statistical point of view: if you edit something then in most cases you save it? But to change habits is really difficult.

So, I'd suggest that those kind of features to be configurable in settings somewhere.

Also, it would be good to have a button or a shortcut - "revert all changes"?

Already on ToDo list. However, while some disagree at first, similar to this post, exactly as you say - in practice, you get addicted to it pretty soon....

BTW, one of other reasons for this fact is that in order to compile the stuff, you need it saved anyway.... It is a long time since I used Visual Studio, but if I remember well, it was saving silently in this case as well, while asking without compile. I do not think such behaviour is any better....

Mirek
Previous Topic: TheIDE 602 Fedora Gnome [BUGS][FIXED]
Next Topic: debugger wishlist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 11:55:14 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02180 seconds