Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Layout (Forms) Designer » Missing widgets in designer?
Missing widgets in designer? [message #18553] Wed, 08 October 2008 02:34 Go to next message
blueapples is currently offline  blueapples
Promising Member
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find anything about it.

There are many, many widgets listed on this page: http://www.ultimatepp.org/src$CtrlLib$index$en-us.html

This is really awesome. However, it seems that very few of them are actually available in the layout designer (right click the window, there are a few there, but not nearly as many listed on that page). For instance, I didn't realize there was a FileList until I saw that list of widgets.

Selecting the User Class option and entering FileList actually works to put it on the layout, but I do not have access to any of it's properties, so I can't do much "design" on it. I have to change anything in the code, which for FileList isn't that big of a deal I suppose.

Am I missing something in my setup? Should widgets like FileList be in that menu?

Thanks for any help. U++ is a really great environment so far.
Re: Missing widgets in designer? [message #18556 is a reply to message #18553] Wed, 08 October 2008 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

Read to the end of help page:
Quote:

Note: Only the most frequently used widgets are now in the Layout Designer menu. Others can be inserted as "User class".

John.
Re: Missing widgets in designer? [message #18559 is a reply to message #18556] Wed, 08 October 2008 10:08 Go to previous message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
To apear in the Designer a Ctrl must have 'ctrl' definition in CtrlLib/Ctrllib.usc. This entry determines both the available properties and it's appearance.

It would be nice to have more or the available Ctrl's accessible but it is a dull and onerous task adding them, so I guess nobody has go round to it.
Previous Topic: Code template, class code generation?
Next Topic: Creating OCX Controls Using U++ Tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:52:28 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01196 seconds