Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Trying to use external lib for labjack u3 usb
Trying to use external lib for labjack u3 usb [message #18651] Tue, 14 October 2008 20:45 Go to next message
jpderyck is currently offline  jpderyck
Promising Member
Hello, I would like to write an app which can read a labjack u3 usb module (analog and digital io) on linux and I'm interested by ultimate++.

The driver for the u3 was correctly installed on the linux machine (I can run sample test program from labjack). I'm newbie on linux (I am experimented with C++builder on win32). The library (file.so) is installed in /usr/lib and there is a .h placed in /usr/include

How can I access the library functions in ultimate++ ? I made some search on this forum and found that I need to configure the package of my app to add the librarie but the link still failed. As I'm not shure of what to do, is there a sample of this kind ?

thanks in advance
regards from Belgium
Jean-Paul
Re: Trying to use external lib for labjack u3 usb [message #18653 is a reply to message #18651] Tue, 14 October 2008 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cocob is currently offline  cocob
Experienced Member
Hello,

To use your functions :

#include <your-header.h>

(/usr/include is standard include path and compiler will use it automatically)

to link the library:

Project -> package organizer : right click -> add libraries

and in the edit at the right add your library name (without .so)

cocob
Re: Trying to use external lib for labjack u3 usb [message #18661 is a reply to message #18653] Wed, 15 October 2008 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Hello cocob!
thanks for your message

in the package organizer, I added the library but I runs only if I write /usr/lib/liblabjackusb.so

In others samples, I don't see paths, if I put only the lib name, upp don't find it, is this normal ?

regards
Jean-Paul
Re: Trying to use external lib for labjack u3 usb [message #18663 is a reply to message #18651] Wed, 15 October 2008 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kodos is currently offline  kodos
Experienced Member
Try it with "labjackusb". So remove the lib* and the *.so
Re: Trying to use external lib for labjack u3 usb [message #18664 is a reply to message #18663] Wed, 15 October 2008 14:26 Go to previous message
Promising Member
OK, now it runs !
many thanks

regards
Jean-Paul
Previous Topic: using debugger and assert
Next Topic: SVN 538 compile error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:23:34 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00970 seconds