Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Console Application NOT WORKS!! And still not works!
icon9.gif  Console Application NOT WORKS!! And still not works! [message #19540] Fri, 12 December 2008 15:59 Go to next message
pippo is currently offline  pippo
Promising Member
I MUST make an application without gui, because the gui takes too much cpu. My application is embedded and I need speed.
I have Ultimate++ 2008.1
Windows XP
Ubuntu 7.10 (and also 7.04)

I see the posts:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=154 75&&srch=COnsole+application#msg_15475

http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=134 55&&srch=COnsole+application#msg_13455

and most important:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=187 31&&srch=console#msg_18731

but to me not works!!
I tried before on Linux and windows, console or gui application, with "Debug/Run options../Standard output" set in any mode, with "setup/environment/IDE/wrap console text" on or off, ecc
I can't get input/output in the "theIde console" (where I can see build output, search results, ecc).
Crying or Very Sad

On linux:If in Linux make a console appl, when run them I have no possibility to put a input: I can only kill the appl with "system monitor".
If I open a terminal window and start appl with ./Appl , then I can see right output and I can put input BUT I CAN'T DEBUG!
I found only this solution: I made a GUI appl to have debug possibility with theIde in development time. And use printf() and getchar() to permit i/o when run the release version.
In release version I don't execute the Run() method of TopWindow.
NOTE: in linux terminal, when I run ./Appl , the window is blocked and I can do input/output (if it's GUI_APPL also!!).
I find only this solution!

Now I must pass on Windows Rolling Eyes I see:
- If the appl is GUI, when I run it by DOS prompt , then prompt is not blocked: the graphic window appears and the DOS window is free... and I don't see the printf() output.
- If the appl is CONSOLE, when I run it by DOS prompt it works OK. But how I debug? If I run by theIde (F5) I can't see the console!

The better is to have a gui appl with also input from keyboard and output to console. Cool
But can be good also a console application IF I CAN RUN IT WORKING IN theIde (F5) and debug it.

Thank you for any help.

Andrea
  • Attachment: before.GIF
    (Size: 39.18KB, Downloaded 259 times)
  • Attachment: inrun.GIF
    (Size: 24.25KB, Downloaded 254 times)

10aa3a8774daeb994a88cc07572e2b6c
Re: Console Application NOT WORKS!! And still not works! [message #19541 is a reply to message #19540] Fri, 12 December 2008 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pippo is currently offline  pippo
Promising Member
And not works also: run option/std output : "file"
(I don't need output in file, but I wanted try).

10aa3a8774daeb994a88cc07572e2b6c
Re: Console Application NOT WORKS!! And still not works! [message #19542 is a reply to message #19541] Fri, 12 December 2008 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Only a very small terminology confusion....

The "Console" flag in Run options means the output from the program should be shown in bottom console pane, which is known as "Console". It does not affect the kind of application.

Use "Standalone", make sure there is no GUI in your main config and you should be OK.

Mirek
Re: Console Application NOT WORKS!! And still not works! [message #19544 is a reply to message #19540] Sat, 13 December 2008 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Doesn't look like he has GUI flag there. The compilation line says "MAIN GCC DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32".

Or the GUI flag must be not in main config at all, even inactive configuration?
Re: Console Application NOT WORKS!! And still not works! [message #19545 is a reply to message #19540] Sat, 13 December 2008 00:27 Go to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Also when using TheIDE console, you should probably flush the output whenever you expect it to be shown *now*, the buffering is quite aggressive sometimes (and helps the speed of output a lot).

But still I don't think any of these are responsible for your troubles, actually everything looks ok to me, so I'm not sure what's wrong.
Previous Topic: String [FEATURE REQUEST]
Next Topic: Very need function Age.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:17:36 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02470 seconds