Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » Strange issue when adding Core.h
Strange issue when adding Core.h [message #19840] Mon, 26 January 2009 14:21 Go to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
I found a very interesting issue.

Let's consider a software package based on vsftp. It also uses GD, cUrl and mysql with default install, and a mysqlpp build out of sources. After adding Core to the build package, I export a makefile, make an run without problems under an openSuse 11. Under Fedora Core 8 a rather ugly section of code from vsftp fails some check based on witting to a socket and comparing the number of written bytes to a sizeof. If I comment the code using Core it still fails. If i remove the Core package it builds and executes correctly.

Any idea what could cause this? I tried using #define flagUSEMALLOC early in Core.h, but since the program fails even without including Core.h, that had little chance to work.
Re: Strange issue when adding Core.h [message #19930 is a reply to message #19840] Tue, 03 February 2009 14:14 Go to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Could this issue be caused by the custom memory manager? Since linking with Core causes the problem, I can't think of any other reason. Maybe an operator new gets stuck somehow in the .a?

Are there some steps necessary to link Core to other static and dynamic libs?
Previous Topic: Win98 crashes
Next Topic: UPP Applications do not accept user input under linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:19:47 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01357 seconds