Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » UPP Applications do not accept user input under linux
UPP Applications do not accept user input under linux [message #20022] Tue, 10 February 2009 22:25 Go to next message
loki is currently offline  loki
Hello,

I want to use UPP under Linux (Ubuntu 8.10 64Bit(Generic)). But the problem is, that if i open and close the menu in the IDE, then the programm does not accept input from the keyboard anymore. To get the inputfocus back, I can maximize the window or open some PromptOK Dialog.

I am using the svn 745 (64Bit) build.

The same problem appears in all UPP-Programms I compile.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 February 2009 22:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: UPP Applications do not accept user input under linux [message #20030 is a reply to message #20022] Wed, 11 February 2009 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lokki is currently offline  lokki
Promising Member
Hello,

I think that's Ubuntu/Debian bug. When I was using Ubuntu (approx. month ago), I had same problem, sometimes even in other applications not related to upp. I have switched the distro, so cannot help you
Re: UPP Applications do not accept user input under linux [message #20055 is a reply to message #20022] Sat, 14 February 2009 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Under KDE it works. But there is the problem that if using the gtk-qt4-theme the buttons will be redrawn ugly and that the scrollbars are never updatet. That means they are never drawn correctly. they stay the same all the time.

Now I am using Ubuntu with XFCE. This works for me. But I think, it should work correctly under Gnome and KDE... I hope if this is a Ubuntu-Bug it will work with the next Release.
Re: UPP Applications do not accept user input under linux [message #20108 is a reply to message #20022] Wed, 18 February 2009 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
loki wrote on Tue, 10 February 2009 16:25

Hello,

I want to use UPP under Linux (Ubuntu 8.10 64Bit(Generic)). But the problem is, that if i open and close the menu in the IDE, then the programm does not accept input from the keyboard anymore. To get the inputfocus back, I can maximize the window or open some PromptOK Dialog.

I am using the svn 745 (64Bit) build.

The same problem appears in all UPP-Programms I compile.

Please, provide more details. How do you open the menu?

(I am using Ubuntu 8.10 64bit quite often and never noticed this problem - obviously I am not doing the same thing...)

Mirek
Re: UPP Applications do not accept user input under linux [message #20175 is a reply to message #20022] Mon, 23 February 2009 23:58 Go to previous message
The problem is there after a completly new installation of Ubuntu (+ Updates). It happens only in UPP-Applications and it happens everytime I open a menu. It does not matter if it is from the menubar or a contextmenu. I think it must have to do with the destruction of the popupwindow and how the windowmanager interprets things.

For example the window "Setup-->Environment..." from TheIDE brings the inputfocus back to TheIDE after closing the dialog. I do not know if the same code is used for destruction.

I have tried it with and without compiz. But it makes no differenz.
Also I tried in maximized and normal mode. No differenz.

Using Blackbox I got the same problem.

I do not know if it helps if I post my hardware. But maybe it has also to do with some device driver settings... Cause it seems I am the only one having this problem. But as said before it only appears in UPP-Applications.
Previous Topic: Strange issue when adding Core.h
Next Topic: Using DMC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:40:56 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01983 seconds