FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » FileSel&FileList, Path » FileSel.Type Problem
FileSel.Type Problem [message #20112] Wed, 18 February 2009 18:01 Go to next message
morley is currently offline  morley
Promising Member
Hi,

I am writing a program to assemble a specialized file to control another program. This file is comprised of a number of different file names. To make selecting one of the files easier I want to specify the actual last 6 characters in the file and the extension which is based on another file choice. That way the user only has to click the file to get it, no browsing required. As an example, in the code segment below the String EPFMask might be *121408.epf. This code does what I want once, but on subsequent executions with a diferent EPFMask, say *121600.epf it it ignores updates to EPFMask. It seems to only apply the first applied mask. I have verified that EPFMask is updating in the debugger.

Any suggestions about what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,

Tim

fsEPF.Type(t_("epf"), EPFMask);
fsEPF.ActiveDir(EPFPathDisplay);

if(fsEPF.ExecuteOpen(t_("Browse For epf File")))
{
EPFPath=fsEPF.Get();
EPFPathDisplay=EPFPath;
};
Re: FileSel.Type Problem [message #20113 is a reply to message #20112] Thu, 19 February 2009 01:45 Go to previous message
morley is currently offline  morley
Promising Member
A friend of mine showed me a solution to my problem.

I had made a global instance of fsEPF. Recurrent setting of FileSel.Type only adds to *names and *ext. By making fsEPF a local variable to the start of the code segment a new "cleard" fsEPF with empty *names and *.ext is created each time.

Regards to all.

Previous Topic: Problem with FileSel called from menu
Next Topic: [COMPILE ERROR] in FileSel.cpp rev. >=1052
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:53:07 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01142 seconds