Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » Another BSD patch
Another BSD patch [message #21574] Wed, 27 May 2009 21:11 Go to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
Hi,

attached is another BSD patch tried with FreeBSD and OpenBSD.

Matthias
  • Attachment: bsd.patch
    (Size: 2.14KB, Downloaded 445 times)
Re: Another BSD patch [message #21606 is a reply to message #21574] Fri, 29 May 2009 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I am sorry about my incompetence, but might I ask you to send just changed files (or functions) instead of patch?

Actually, if you know any good tool for Win32 capable of parsing this .patch file format, that would be a good alternative too... Smile I have added some support to theide, but there is way too much .patch formats and does not seem to recognize this particular variant at the moment...

And manual application is way too much work and error-prone.

Mirek
Re: Another BSD patch [message #21612 is a reply to message #21606] Fri, 29 May 2009 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chickenk is currently offline  chickenk
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Fri, 29 May 2009 11:25

Actually, if you know any good tool for Win32 capable of parsing this .patch file format, that would be a good alternative too... Smile I have added some support to theide, but there is way too much .patch formats and does not seem to recognize this particular variant at the moment...

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm

This is the standard GNU patch ported to Windows. I believe it supports GNU syntax and BSD extensions as well... Does BSD use GNU patch by the way? I think so but I am not sure.

to apply :

cd to the directory containing uppsrc then

patch -p1 < bsd.patch

should work. I just notice that the first patch subset is in an unknown "newdraw" directory, not sure what is refers to... I suggest that masu creates another patch that can be applied to the svn trunk.

(btw svn diff is way easier to use if you are working on a local copy of repository)

regards,
Lionel
Re: Another BSD patch [message #21613 is a reply to message #21612] Fri, 29 May 2009 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use GIT to checkout U++ SVN tree, that is why I generated the patch also with GIT (git diff) and it should generate (as far as I can remember a unified diff). This can then normally used directly with 'patch' command like chickenk mentioned, the format should be understood by 'patch'.

I must admit I only generated the patch and did not check, so I will do this and come up with instructions later.

The patch should be applied to 'trunk' there is also 'newdraw' which I also tested.

Matthias
Re: Another BSD patch [message #21622 is a reply to message #21612] Sat, 30 May 2009 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
chickenk wrote on Fri, 29 May 2009 06:22

luzr wrote on Fri, 29 May 2009 11:25

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm

This is the standard GNU patch ported to Windows. I believe it supports GNU syntax and BSD extensions as well... Does BSD use GNU patch by the way? I think so but I am not sure.

to apply :

cd to the directory containing uppsrc then

patch -p1 < bsd.patch

should work. I just notice that the first patch subset is in an unknown "newdraw" directory, not sure what is refers to... I suggest that masu creates another patch that can be applied to the svn trunk.

(btw svn diff is way easier to use if you are working on a local copy of repository)

regards,
Lionel

Far from ideal for me: It means I will have to create the copy, apply patch, compare files, decide if patch is correct, copy changed files....

(note: svn trunk contains 'newdraw' - it is branch of Draw infrastructure being under development now, with the primary goal of separating Draw from host platform GUI)

Mirek
Re: Another BSD patch [message #21656 is a reply to message #21622] Sun, 31 May 2009 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
U:\upp.bak>u:\theide\patch -pl < u:\xxx\bsd.patch
u:\theide\patch: **** strip count l is not a number

OK, going to do it manually, as usual.

I know I am a looser with this one;)

Mirek
Re: Another BSD patch [message #21657 is a reply to message #21656] Sun, 31 May 2009 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Applied, please check...

Mirek
Re: Another BSD patch [message #21715 is a reply to message #21657] Mon, 01 June 2009 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
... patched correctly, thanks!

Next time I submit a patch I'll also give instructions on how to apply it Wink.

Matthias
Re: Another BSD patch [message #21758 is a reply to message #21715] Thu, 04 June 2009 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry I've missed a typo in uppsrc/Draw/Draw.upp, line
library(BSD) "X11 Xau Xdcmp";

should be
library(BSD) "X11 Xau Xdmcp";

Notice the exchanged letters in Xdmcp Rolling Eyes ?

Before my previous post I only tested building using newdraw.

Matthias
Re: Another BSD patch [message #21773 is a reply to message #21758] Thu, 04 June 2009 19:47 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
ok.

Mirek
Previous Topic: BSD make: strange issue
Next Topic: Releases
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:04:23 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01762 seconds