FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » SysInfo, String functions and cygwin
SysInfo, String functions and cygwin [message #22573] Mon, 27 July 2009 23:37 Go to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi,

I usually develop my software under linux, and when I want or need a windows version just compile it using cygwin and mingw, the resulting executable is directly usable under windows.

My problem is the following:

• The SysInfo package does not compile under CygWin (I could expect that due to the nature of the package).
  • the
    String Replace(String str, String find, String replace)
    function is part of SysInfo and i need (only that)

I know this subject has already been discussed before, but all the pure string functions should be moved to core or somewhere else.

I resolved it by copying the needed function so I could remove the SysInfo package. But that's definitely not very cool !
Re: SysInfo, String functions and cygwin [message #22579 is a reply to message #22573] Tue, 28 July 2009 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Didier

I have never tried SysInfo with Cygwin. Could you give me the details about the problems in compiling ?

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: SysInfo, String functions and cygwin [message #22592 is a reply to message #22573] Wed, 29 July 2009 00:14 Go to previous message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi Koldo,

Heuuuu, I wrote Cygwin but I was really talking about WINE Rolling Eyes .

OK, sorry, the files: rpcsal.h, .... are missing so the SysInfo package
does not compile.

Anyway, if I remove the SysInfo package, the compiler stumbles on an another error that
confuses me a little bit more.

here is the error message:
In file included from C:\upp_hg\bazaar/SysInfo/SysInfo.h:5,
                 from C:\MyApps\FNPSA_compet\CalculResultat.cpp:6:
C:\upp\mingw\include/vfw.h:371: error: typedef 'COLUMN' is initialized (use __typeof__ instead)
C:\upp\mingw\include/vfw.h:371: error: expected primary-expression before 'bool'
C:\upp\mingw\include/vfw.h:371: error: expected primary-expression before '__attribute__'
C:\upp\mingw\include/vfw.h:773: error: 'AVISAVECALLBACK' has not been declared
C:\upp\mingw\include/vfw.h:774: error: 'AVISAVECALLBACK' has not been declared

I looked at the 'C:\upp\mingw\include/vfw.h' and it seems that the problem comes from the following line(371):
typedef BOOL (CALLBACK *AVISAVECALLBACK)(INT);

The problem comes from the 'BOOL' type : I use sqlite3 ... and in Sqlite3Schema.h there is the following line
#define BOOL(x)                    COLUMN("text", bool, x, 0, 0)

On my windows virtual machine, I also use MinGW so I should have the same error, but I don't ????

Have any ideas (although this is not really important) ?

I still believe that the string functions should be put somewhere more appropriate

Didier

Previous Topic: RS232 class
Next Topic: Fast memory pool with tests
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:43:59 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03330 seconds