Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » Ubuntu "Quickly" - to create ubuntu applications faster
Ubuntu "Quickly" - to create ubuntu applications faster [message #24365] Tue, 12 January 2010 21:42 Go to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Quickly

From a 30seconds long look I would say it should be possible to create U++ template for Quickly too.

I think we should consider this, it may give U++ further exposure, and while using templates inside U++ IDE is easy, they will not help you with app release into Ubuntu's PPA (personal repository globally available and maintained by Ubuntu team).
So I still think creating such template would make sense even from practical point of view, not just for PR reasons and exposure.
Re: Ubuntu "Quickly" - to create ubuntu applications faster [message #24374 is a reply to message #24365] Wed, 13 January 2010 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Ped!

I gave it 20min look and it still looks interesting Smile It might be a nice helper for beginners (upp beginners as well as total beginners). It seems to offer quite a big freedom in what can the template do. I guess we might "teach" it to use existing theide templates and edit code+layouts+iml files in the ide for a start.

Actually I'm more interested to see how the packaging and releasing in ubuntu-project works. Maybe we can get bit inspired there Rolling Eyes

About the PR impact: To actually expose upp, we would have to push our template to official package, or at least get listed on related web pages. If we can get it that far, it might lure some fresh users Twisted Evil

Best regards,
Honza

[Updated on: Wed, 13 January 2010 10:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Ubuntu "Quickly" - to create ubuntu applications faster [message #24375 is a reply to message #24374] Wed, 13 January 2010 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
dolik.rce wrote on Wed, 13 January 2010 08:15

About the PR impact: To actually expose upp, we would have to push our template to official package

That's what I had on mind.
I don't think I will have enough time to try by myself, but if anyone is bored and looking around for something interesting to do, I think this has plenty of potential.
Re: Ubuntu "Quickly" - to create ubuntu applications faster [message #24381 is a reply to message #24375] Wed, 13 January 2010 10:49 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

mr_ped wrote on Wed, 13 January 2010 09:14

I don't think I will have enough time to try by myself, but if anyone is bored and looking around for something interesting to do, I think this has plenty of potential.

I'm preparing for my exams, so I'm bored more than enough Very Happy Unfortunately I still have enough willpower to study instead of coding... If nobody starts before me, I'll definitely dig into this more deeply in March or so...

Honza
Previous Topic: There were competitors in the name of "U++"
Next Topic: Article about U++ (on Russian)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:52:30 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04570 seconds