Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » SetSurface sample, linker errors
SetSurface sample, linker errors [message #24526] Fri, 22 January 2010 14:35 Go to next message
amando1957 is currently offline  amando1957
Hi folks

Have tried to run the sample reference/SetSurface, got about "847 unresolved ..." or so. So I opened the *.upp and added the libs:

description "Setting RGBA pixels from the buffer to window\377";

library(WIN32) "kernel32 user32 gdi32 advapi32 shell32 
winmm winspool comdlg32 ole32 oleaut32 uuid odbc32 
odbccp32 comctl32 wininet";

uses
	CtrlLib;

file
	main.cpp;

mainconfig
	"" = "GUI";

But the linker errors still persist. What can I do else?
I'm using version 1713 of TheIDE at Win 7 with MS-VC7.
Is'nt there any menu-item I have overlooked to add the libs there?

Martin
Re: SetSurface sample, linker errors [message #24528 is a reply to message #24526] Fri, 22 January 2010 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
amando1957 wrote on Fri, 22 January 2010 15:35

Isn't there any menu-item I have overlooked to add the libs there?
Martin

Project->Package Organizer . Right click in the main window area and select New Libraries.. from menu. When - is the condition (rule), usually a flag or empty in case that you're applying it for any OS or every case. In right field you have to enter libs names without *.dll extension (see Core package for example).
Re: SetSurface sample, linker errors [message #24563 is a reply to message #24528] Sun, 24 January 2010 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amando1957 is currently offline  amando1957
Hi

Thanks for the tip. Doing so, I've seen the libs are already there complete:

http://members.aon.at/amando1957/c++_forum/packOrgan.jpg

Guess the "WIN32" at left hand will do.

But I've managed to reduce the count of unresolved's:

have added "Draw": count 665
have added "Core": count 346

Had count 810 before. I didn't consider that first to be required, as most packs use Core etc. themselves (dependencies). But helps.

Now I can see the names (Upp::class) in the output and conclude to a package to add. Have added "Geom/Ctrl":

c:\upp\uppsrc\Geom\Ctrl\GeomCtrl.h(4) : fatal error C1083: cannot open Include-File:
	'TCtrlLib/TCtrlLib.h': No such file or directory

Now the 'TCtrlLib/TCtrlLib.h' I cannot find myself.

Martin
Re: SetSurface sample, linker errors [message #24572 is a reply to message #24563] Sun, 24 January 2010 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
amando1957 wrote on Sun, 24 January 2010 17:30

c:\upp\uppsrc\Geom\Ctrl\GeomCtrl.h(4) : fatal error C1083: cannot open Include-File:
	'TCtrlLib/TCtrlLib.h': No such file or directory

Now the 'TCtrlLib/TCtrlLib.h' I cannot find myself.

Hi Martin,
TCtrlLib is in uppsrc. Sorry if i cannot help you more that just pointing you some things, because right now I'm not using Windows (i use it but occasionally) and here in Linux "SetSurface" reference works good.

Andrei
Re: SetSurface sample, linker errors [message #48762 is a reply to message #24572] Mon, 11 September 2017 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rafiwui is currently offline  rafiwui
Experienced Member
Sorry for opening this old post again but I faced basically the same problem when compiling U++. The compiler (and me as well) can't find TCtrlLib.h among the distributed files.

andrei_natanael wrote on Sun, 24 January 2010 22:20

TCtrlLib is in uppsrc.

That is actually not true. At least not if you use the normal distribution way of U++ (the current nightly and stable builds).
By checking out the U++ repository I realized that the files are inside the uppsrc folder there but not in the released builds. Is this supposed to be so because it won't be possible to use some U++ packages if these files are not in the released builds without using the repository?

Greetings
Daniel
Re: SetSurface sample, linker errors [message #48777 is a reply to message #48762] Thu, 14 September 2017 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently online  koldo
Senior Veteran
Dear Daniel

You are right. We have added this issue (#1795) in our project management system
https://www.ultimatepp.org/redmine/issues/1795

Thank you!

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: SetSurface sample, linker errors [message #48803 is a reply to message #48762] Wed, 20 September 2017 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
It was true in 2010. Since then TCtrlLib was deprecated and moved to archive.

Now the question is what exactly do you need from it?

I have just noticed that Geom/* packages are using TCtrlLib / TDraw, but those I plan to deprecate too. Is there anything you need there?
Re: SetSurface sample, linker errors [message #48822 is a reply to message #48803] Wed, 04 October 2017 11:02 Go to previous message
rafiwui is currently offline  rafiwui
Experienced Member
I actually don't need anything from there but I was compiling U++ with my own makefile for reasons and just added every file that is inside the package at the moment and when running the makefile I got an error that the compiler is missing some files so I wondered why Laughing
Thanks for the responses Smile

Greetings
Daniel
Previous Topic: [SOLVED] Linking Ok, but .exe doesn't open after add a widget in a Layout
Next Topic: TheIDE gets killed by an exception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:44:56 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01909 seconds