FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » package build strange error
package build strange error [message #24583] Mon, 25 January 2010 09:41 Go to next message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

Hello all!
Very strange error when I try to build on linux (ubuntu 9.10):
g++ -c  -I"/mnt/ILupascuComp/ILupascu/sourcecode/cpp/upp/UltimateAutomation" -I"/mnt/ILupascuComp/ILupascu/sourcecod
	e/cpp/upp/svn_google/uppsrc" -I"/usr/include/freetype2" -I"/usr/include/gtk-2.0" -I"/usr/include/glib-2.0" -I"/u
	sr/lib/glib-2.0/include" -I"/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include" -I"/usr/include/cairo" -I"/usr/include/pango-1.0" -I"/usr/
	include/atk-1.0" -I"/usr/include" -DflagGUI -DflagGCC -DflagDEBUG -DflagSHARED -DflagDEBUG_FULL -DflagLINUX -Dfl
	agPOSIX -DbmYEAR=2010 -DbmMONTH=1 -DbmDAY=25 -DbmHOUR=14 -DbmMINUTE=49 -DbmSECOND=17 -ggdb -g2  -fexceptions  -D
	_DEBUG -O0 -x c++ "/mnt/ILupascuComp/ILupascu/sourcecode/cpp/upp/UltimateAutomation/UApplication/MainWorkSpace.c
	pp" -o "/home/ion/upp-svn/out/UApplication/GCC.Debug.Debug_full.Gui.Noblitz.Shared/MainWorkSpace.o"
cc1plus: error: /mnt/ILupascuComp/ILupascu/sourcecode/cpp/upp/UltimateAutomation: Value too large for defined data t
	ype
cc1plus: error: /mnt/ILupascuComp/ILupascu/sourcecode/cpp/upp/svn_google/uppsrc: Value too large for defined data ty
	pe
cc1plus: error: /mnt/ILupascuComp/ILupascu/sourcecode/cpp/upp/UltimateAutomation/UApplication/TrayMenu.cpp: Value to
	o large for defined data type

Can anybody help me?

Thanks, Ion Lupascu (tojocky)

[Updated on: Mon, 25 January 2010 13:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: package build strange error [message #24654 is a reply to message #24583] Tue, 26 January 2010 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

OK!
It seem g++ have same problem which has ( http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=244 71&#msg_24471) u++. I have set charset UTF8 but g++ do not recognize this!

What is the solutions?

Regards,
Ion Lupascu (tojocky)

[Updated on: Tue, 26 January 2010 14:12]

Re: package build strange error [message #24660 is a reply to message #24654] Tue, 26 January 2010 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
tojocky wrote on Tue, 26 January 2010 08:11

OK!
It seem g++ have same problem which has ( http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=244 71&#msg_24471) u++. I have set charset UTF8 but g++ do not recognize this!

What is the solutions?

Regards,
Ion Lupascu (tojocky)

Hm, what is your locale?

Mirek
Re: package build strange error [message #24663 is a reply to message #24660] Tue, 26 January 2010 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

At home computer (without problem) locale from /etc/default/locale is:
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"

To work computer I will view tomorrow!

Regards, Ion Lupascu (tojocky)

luzr wrote on Tue, 26 January 2010 19:17

tojocky wrote on Tue, 26 January 2010 08:11

OK!

What is the solutions?

Regards,
Ion Lupascu (tojocky)

Hm, what is your locale?

Mirek

Re: package build strange error [message #24685 is a reply to message #24663] Wed, 27 January 2010 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

Heloo Mirek,

At work is same locale!

Maybe it is not what you asked?

The problem is when I try to compile from shared destination (windows location).

Is some other proposes?

Ion Lupascu (tojocky)

[Updated on: Wed, 27 January 2010 09:50]

Re: package build strange error [message #24896 is a reply to message #24685] Wed, 03 February 2010 13:09 Go to previous message
Contributor

New interesting article about my problem:
Some innocent-looking programs are known to cause GCC to gobble preposterous amounts of memory, which could cause it to crash or abort after printing "Virtual memory exhausted". One particular case of such programs is when you initialize very large arrays. For example, to compile a source which initializes a char array of 300,000 elements requires more than 60MB(!) of memory. You should avoid such constructs in your programs.
Some programs require very large amounts of stack to compile. DJGPP programs have a fixed-size stack that is by default 256KB (512KB in DJGPP v2.02 and later). If the compiler, cc1.exe or cc1plus.exe, doesn't have enough stack to compile a program, it will overflow its stack and crash, or hang, or die with "Internal compiler error". You can enlarge the stack size of any DJGPP program by running the stubedit program, like this:

stubedit cc1.exe minstack=1024k
I recommend to enlarge the maximum stack size of cc1.exe to at least 1024K bytes and that of cc1plus.exe to at least 1.5MB. Some people report that they needed to enlarge both the heap of CWSDPMI and the stack of the C++ compiler to make such problems go away.
For a program that you wrote, another work-around for the cases where a program crashes due to failure of CWSDPMI to allocate more RAM is to use an alternative algorithm for sbrk, by putting the following somewhere in your program:

#include <crt0.h>
  int _crt0_startup_flags = _CRT0_FLAG_UNIX_SBRK;
Note that the Unix algorithm for sbrk might cause trouble in programs that install hardware interrupts handlers.

source: http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/v2faq/faq6_6.html

Question: is possible to implement this?

regards, Ion Lupascu (tojocky)

[Updated on: Wed, 03 February 2010 13:10]

Previous Topic: Maybe we need to make a deb-repository?
Next Topic: source builds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:45:47 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02013 seconds