FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Function4U documentation update and misc
Function4U documentation update and misc [message #24968] Sat, 06 February 2010 13:35 Go to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Hi koldo,

I couldn't find your original topic so I'll post here an updated style for documentation in your Function4U package.

Also, Functions4U is not a main package, so it would be nice if you removed your empty main package configuration so it doesn't appear in the list all the time.

CreateFolderDeep seems to do the same thing as RealizeDirectory. And FormatLong seems similar to IntStr64. Are there any differences between these sets of functions? If there is only some minor difference that makes your version better, please try to convince Mirek to adopt your version so we can all benefit from it Smile.
Re: Function4U documentation update and misc [message #24972 is a reply to message #24968] Sat, 06 February 2010 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello cbpporter

Thank you for your work in Functions4U package.

Quote:

I couldn't find your original topic so I'll post here an updated style for documentation in your Function4U package.

I have open your T++ files but I have not found visual differences with original ones.
In addition one of your T++ pages have the title in brown:

index.php?t=getfile&id=2225&private=0

Sorry. I do not understand next quote:

Quote:

Also, Functions4U is not a main package, so it would be nice if you removed your empty main package configuration so it doesn't appear in the list all the time.

Quote:

CreateFolderDeep seems to do the same thing as RealizeDirectory.

It is true. In new version it will appear but commented. After doing this function I realized that RealizeDirectory() existed as an undocumented function.

Quote:

And FormatLong seems similar to IntStr64.

I am sorry. They are not the same.

Int64() is really FormatInt64:

inline String  IntStr64(int64 i)     { return FormatInt64(i); }

And compare both. They are different. I had problems in the past with the compiler so I decided to add FormatLong():

String FormatInt64(int64 a);
String FormatLong(long a); 

About this:

please try to convince Mirek to adopt your version so we can all benefit from it

really all the package could be candidate to be in Upp. See functions like:

- const char *StrToTime(struct Upp::Time& d, const char *s);

- String Replace(String str, String find, String replace);

- String GetDesktopFolder();

- bool LaunchFile(const char *file);

Some time ago I proposed to check them and transfer the most interesting ones to Upp. I do know Mirek is very busy so I do not want to insist him about it. As functions are available either inside Upp or in Bazaar/Functions4U anybody can enjoy them anyway Smile .
  • Attachment: Dib.PNG
    (Size: 15.45KB, Downloaded 595 times)

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Function4U documentation update and misc [message #25011 is a reply to message #24972] Sun, 07 February 2010 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Trust me, the modifications are there. Most of the times they are not easy to see, but they even solve some visual glitches.

Try doing a diff and you'll see.

Here is the update for Controls4U, split in two posts because the files are too big for attachment on forum.
  • Attachment: src.tpp.rar
    (Size: 1.35MB, Downloaded 235 times)
Re: Function4U documentation update and misc [message #25012 is a reply to message #25011] Sun, 07 February 2010 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
No Message Body
Re: Function4U documentation update and misc [message #25032 is a reply to message #25012] Mon, 08 February 2010 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Quote:

Trust me, the modifications are there. Most of the times they are not easy to see, but they even solve some visual glitches.

Try doing a diff and you'll see.

Here is the update for Controls4U, split in two posts because the files are too big for attachment on forum.

Hello cbpporter

It is hard for me to tell it but I cannot use your files Sad

As I have told you before and in PM:

- There are so few changes that are negligible comparing to the number and size of T++ topics

- The T++ files in SVN are not the latest version

However I will implement your proposals to all packages I am involved as Functions4U, Controls4U, Tcc, OfficeAutomation and SysInfo.

One question pending. I do not understand this:
Quote:

And I wanted to give you encouragement in improving the documentation Smile

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Function4U documentation update and misc [message #25046 is a reply to message #25032] Tue, 09 February 2010 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
No problem, I'll check again once you are done with documentation.

As for the issue about main packages, you do know about main packages and non-main packages?

Have you ever created a package only to not have it show up in you assembly? It is annoying and you have to select an option from "Select main package" dialog to see them. This is the right solution. The other is to add a configuration to your package, making it a main package. This is not the right solution.

Main packages are packages that when compiled will result in a stand alone binary package, while non main packages are basically libraries. For example, Control4U_Demo is a main package. You can build it and you get you demo that is runnable. On the other hand, Controls4U is not a main package. It is not stand alone together with its dependencies, and is meant to be added as a dependency to other packages, like Control4U_Demo. If you try to build Controls4U only you will get an error because it is only a library.
Re: Function4U documentation update and misc [message #25052 is a reply to message #25046] Tue, 09 February 2010 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
cbpporter wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 10:19

No problem, I'll check again once you are done with documentation.

As for the issue about main packages, you do know about main packages and non-main packages?

Have you ever created a package only to not have it show up in you assembly? It is annoying and you have to select an option from "Select main package" dialog to see them. This is the right solution. The other is to add a configuration to your package, making it a main package. This is not the right solution.

Main packages are packages that when compiled will result in a stand alone binary package, while non main packages are basically libraries. For example, Control4U_Demo is a main package. You can build it and you get you demo that is runnable. On the other hand, Controls4U is not a main package. It is not stand alone together with its dependencies, and is meant to be added as a dependency to other packages, like Control4U_Demo. If you try to build Controls4U only you will get an error because it is only a library.

I understand

I set all packages as Main because this way they are always visible to be chosen.

Here there are two opposite points of view:
- When you open TheIde
You want to see executable packages only

- When you add a package to your project
You want to see libraries only

However as this is an official way of working I have removed the "main" area in .upp files for all the libraries.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Function4U documentation update and misc [message #25130 is a reply to message #25052] Fri, 12 February 2010 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello cbpporter

All packages docs have been reviewed and uploaded to svn.

When you want to modify package files please tell it to me in advance in a PM for me to avoid doing changes meanwhile.

Thanks for your job.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Function4U documentation update and misc [message #27511 is a reply to message #25130] Wed, 21 July 2010 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

It looks like after update from SVN (rev. 2555) Functions4U leads to link error:
Quote:

error LNK2005: "void __cdecl Upp::Xmlize<class Upp::GridCtrl>(class Upp::XmlIO,class Upp::GridCtrl &)" (??$Xmlize@VGri
dCtrl@Upp@@@Upp<a href="mailto:@@YAXVXmlIO" target="_blank">@@YAXVXmlIO</a<a href="mailto:>@0" target="_blank">>@0</a<a href="mailto:>@AAVGridCtrl" target="_blank">>@AAVGridCtrl</a>@0@@Z)

UPDATE: After commenting out function
template <> void Xmlize(XmlIO xml, GridCtrl& r)
everything links fine.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 July 2010 15:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Function4U documentation update and misc [message #27523 is a reply to message #27511] Wed, 21 July 2010 23:03 Go to previous message
Senior Veteran
Mindtraveller wrote on Wed, 21 July 2010 15:13

It looks like after update from SVN (rev. 2555) Functions4U leads to link error:
Quote:

error LNK2005: "void __cdecl Upp::Xmlize<class Upp::GridCtrl>(class Upp::XmlIO,class Upp::GridCtrl &)" (??$Xmlize@VGri
dCtrl@Upp@@@Upp<a href="mailto:@@YAXVXmlIO" target="_blank">@@YAXVXmlIO</a<a href="mailto:>@0" target="_blank">>@0</a<a href="mailto:>@AAVGridCtrl" target="_blank">>@AAVGridCtrl</a>@0@@Z)

UPDATE: After commenting out function
template <> void Xmlize(XmlIO xml, GridCtrl& r)
everything links fine.

Hello Mindtraveller

Yes, you are right. Daniel has uploaded the same function (I asked him to do it Smile).

I will remove it now.

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: TabBar: ConextMenu(false) feature
Next Topic: Docking: ContexMenu behaviour
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:50:40 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02427 seconds