Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » Skinning Scrollbar thumb
Skinning Scrollbar thumb [message #25267] Tue, 16 February 2010 02:47 Go to next message
bushman is currently offline  bushman
Experienced Member
I've successfully skinned the scrollbar thumb with images using the vthumb and the hthumb arrays, like in
 ScrollBar::Style scrollstyle = ScrollBar::StyleDefault();
 scrollstyle.vthumb[0] = Images::VThumbImage0;
 scrollstyle.vthumb[1] = Images::VThumbImage1;
 scrollstyle.hthumb[0] = Images::HThumbImage0;
 scrollstyle.hthumb[1] = Images::HThumbImage1;
 myctrl.SetScrollBarStyle(scrollstyle);

However, if the thumb button length increases inside the scroll bar (so as to cope with some less scrollable space in the view field of a ctrl, for example, due to data being removed from the ctrl), the thumb image stretches (resizes) to match the new thumb length, which in turn distorts the image and therefore ruins the skinning result.

Sad You see my point?

My question is: Is there a workaround? I see that Windows does it wonderfully if the original default style ScrollBar::StyleDefault() is kept. How do you manage that? I mean, the three little thumb button grooves in Windows' scroll bars remain undistorted as the thumb size varies.

Help appreciated...many thanks in advance.

Re: Skinning Scrollbar thumb [message #25269 is a reply to message #25267] Tue, 16 February 2010 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
Hi,
You should use hot-spots for that. See this topic. You have to set hot-spots for VThumbImage0 and VThumbImage1 in ImlEditor in TheIDE - there is a button in toolbar or press H key.

Andrei
Re: Skinning Scrollbar thumb [message #25294 is a reply to message #25267] Tue, 16 February 2010 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Smile Oh, thank you, it's been very helpful!
If you please, yet along the same thread of thought, how do I place the usual Windows 3 thumb grooves right in the middle of the scroll button?

many thanks!
Re: Skinning Scrollbar thumb [message #25297 is a reply to message #25294] Tue, 16 February 2010 17:18 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
Oh, I see it myself, after a little code prying I found
scrollstyle.vthumb[0] = ChLookWith(Images::VThumbImage0(), Images::GroovesRightInTheMiddle());

, which places whatever I want right in the middle of the scroll button!
Very Happy Great!

Thank you so much, guys!!
Previous Topic: upp-x11-src-1965.tar.gz and compiling under Debian Lenny
Next Topic: RichEdit crashes with BlueBar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:44:57 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01497 seconds