FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Can't build examples
Can't build examples [message #25881] Wed, 17 March 2010 15:49 Go to next message
Steve is currently offline  Steve
Hello

I have just installed Ultimate++ (XP & MINGW) and I've tried to build some of the included examples but I just get errors such as this:
Quote:

----- CtrlLib ( GUI GCC DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 ) (1 / 9)
----- CtrlCore ( GUI GCC DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 ) (2 / 9)
----- Draw ( GUI GCC DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 ) (3 / 9)
----- plugin/bmp ( GUI GCC DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 ) (4 / 9)
----- RichText ( GUI GCC DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 ) (5 / 9)
----- Core ( GUI GCC DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 ) (6 / 9)
BLITZ: Cpu.cpp Mt.cpp sheap.cpp String.cpp WString.cpp StrUtil.cpp CharSet.cpp Bom.cpp Path.cpp NetNode.cpp App.cpp Stream.cpp BlockStream.cpp Log.cpp Debug.cpp Util.cpp mathutil.cpp Random.cpp LocalProcess.cpp Vcont.cpp Hash.cpp Callback.c
pp TimeDate.cpp Value.cpp Format.cpp Convert.cpp Color.cpp Gtypes.cpp t.cpp Lang.cpp LangInfo.cpp parser.cpp XML.cpp Xmlize.cpp Uuid.cpp Ptr.cpp z.cpp Topic.cpp CoWork.cpp MD5.cpp SHA1.cpp Dli.cpp Win32Util.cpp
----- plugin/z ( GUI GCC DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 ) (7 / 9)
----- plugin/png ( GUI GCC DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 ) (8 / 9)
----- Bombs ( GUI MAIN GCC DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 ) (9 / 9)
In file included from C:/upp/out/Core/MINGW.Debug.Debug_full.Gui\$blitz.cpp:94:
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core\App.cpp: In function `Upp::String Upp::GetShellFolder(int)':
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core\App.cpp:457: error: `SHGFP_TYPE_CURRENT' was not declared in this scope
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core\App.cpp: In function `Upp::String Upp::GetDocumentsFolder()':
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core\App.cpp:468: error: `CSIDL_MYDOCUMENTS' was not declared in this scope
In file included from C:/upp/out/Core/MINGW.Debug.Debug_full.Gui\$blitz.cpp:435:
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core\Win32Util.cpp: In function `void* Upp::GetDllFn(const char*, const char*)':
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core\Win32Util.cpp:172: error: invalid conversion from `int (*)()' to `void*'
Core: 43 file(s) built in (0:02.84), 66 msecs / file, duration = 2859 msecs, parallelization 0%

There were errors. (0:03.00)

Would somebody please tell me where I'm going wrong?

Thanks
Steve
Re: Can't build examples [message #25883 is a reply to message #25881] Wed, 17 March 2010 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nlneilson is currently offline  nlneilson
Contributor
Have you tried it after installing the Win 7 SDK?

I have not tried Upp with MINGW but with other apps the version
of MINGW was important.

With 2232 the few examples I tried worked OK with the Win 7 SDK.
One of my apps works fine with 2230 but 2232 gives errors.

Which build of Upp are you using and do any of the examples you have tried work?
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core\App.cpp:457: error: `SHGFP_TYPE_CURRENT' was not declared in this scope
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core\App.cpp: In function `Upp::String Upp::GetDocumentsFolder()':
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core\App.cpp:468: error: `CSIDL_MYDOCUMENTS' was not declared in this scope
In file included from C:/upp/out/Core/MINGW.Debug.Debug_full.Gui\$blitz.cpp:435:
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core\Win32Util.cpp: In function `void* Upp::GetDllFn(const char*, const char*)':
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core\Win32Util.cpp:172: error: invalid conversion from `int (*)()' to `void*'

error: `SHGFP_TYPE_CURRENT' was not declared in this scope
error: `CSIDL_MYDOCUMENTS' was not declared in this scope
error: invalid conversion from `int (*)()' to `void*'
These 3 seem strange for an example that comes with Upp.

[Updated on: Wed, 17 March 2010 16:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can't build examples [message #25884 is a reply to message #25883] Wed, 17 March 2010 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Steve and nlneilson

The problem Steve reports is the same of this http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=257 27& .

It is a problem in Core package related with MinGW. The fix is very simple and I expect it will be applied today.

Sorry for the inconveniences Sad

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Can't build examples [message #25886 is a reply to message #25884] Wed, 17 March 2010 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
koldo wrote on Wed, 17 March 2010 17:05

Hello Steve and nlneilson

The problem Steve reports is the same of this http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=257 27& .

It is a problem in Core package related with MinGW. The fix is very simple and I expect it will be applied today.

Sorry for the inconveniences Sad

Hello Steve

Problem has been fixed Smile

Please download the latest version.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Can't build examples [message #25888 is a reply to message #25884] Wed, 17 March 2010 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

It is a problem in Core package related with MinGW.

I am using the Win 7 SDK. Whatever problem I was having with 2232 has been fixed in 2236.

Thanks koldo.
Re: Can't build examples [message #25890 is a reply to message #25888] Wed, 17 March 2010 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
nlneilson wrote on Wed, 17 March 2010 18:13

It is a problem in Core package related with MinGW.

I am using the Win 7 SDK. Whatever problem I was having with 2232 has been fixed in 2236.

Thanks koldo.

Thanks to Mirek Smile

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Can't build examples [message #25893 is a reply to message #25881] Thu, 18 March 2010 01:21 Go to previous message
Contributor
Thanks Mirec and all that work on Upp, great application.

I have removed MSVC++ and Eclipse CDT from all three of my computers and use Upp.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 March 2010 01:54]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Questions about VectorMap
Next Topic: new
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:17:34 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01867 seconds