Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » New footer in Web
New footer in Web [message #25959] Mon, 22 March 2010 10:16 Go to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello all

We have added a new footer in web. It includes last edit author and page and links to page translations (if available).

From now it is not necessary to add links to other translations in T++ pages (like [en][ru]).

We hope you will like it Smile

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: New footer in Web [message #25963 is a reply to message #25959] Mon, 22 March 2010 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

Hi Koldo! We said that the menu [en] [ru ][..] will be on the left, just below the menu. I began to overlap on top of the page with only one goal to switch [en] [ru ][..] would have been visible immediately after the page loads.

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}
Re: New footer in Web [message #25965 is a reply to message #25963] Mon, 22 March 2010 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
sergeynikitin wrote on Mon, 22 March 2010 14:11

Hi Koldo! We said that the menu [en] [ru ][..] will be on the left, just below the menu. I began to overlap on top of the page with only one goal to switch [en] [ru ][..] would have been visible immediately after the page loads.

Hello Sergey

It is true but finally the approved option has been the one implemented. Because of it [en][ru] links would have to be removed.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: New footer in Web [message #25980 is a reply to message #25965] Tue, 23 March 2010 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

It is interesting, but I have not seen the discussion at the forum. Maybe I missed this discussion. Give me a link please.

{
}
Re: New footer in Web [message #25982 is a reply to message #25959] Tue, 23 March 2010 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sc0rch is currently offline  Sc0rch

koldo wrote on Mon, 22 March 2010 15:16

Hello all

We have added a new footer in web. It includes last edit author and page and links to page translations (if available).

From now it is not necessary to add links to other translations in T++ pages (like [en][ru]).

We hope you will like it Smile

Hello, Koldo!

I like new feature. Usually I'm doing some mistakes in links of the header/footer of the article, so I'm glad to see that it is not necessary anymore.

Best regards!
Anton
Re: New footer in Web [message #25997 is a reply to message #25982] Wed, 24 March 2010 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

Hi Koldo! We need to constantly switch the language. The fact is that if the menu is displayed on the Russian, but when you click on the forum - everything begins to appear on the menu in English.

We must come up with some solution. Switches the language [en] [ru], which were visible, partially solved this problem.

Perhaps there is no need to add additional buttons visible [en] [ru], just as something to do that when you click on the English-speaking button, the language would not have switched and would have remained the same.

{
}

[Updated on: Wed, 24 March 2010 17:35]

Report message to a moderator

icon8.gif  Re: New footer in Web [message #25998 is a reply to message #25997] Wed, 24 March 2010 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

One more time! Article http://www.ultimatepp.org/index.html is translated into Russian. Now it turns out that does not reach it and the main keywords that there is a Russian search engine also thrown in a week.
So, come to this page can only if you know the direct address http://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb$index$ru-ru.html

Help!

{
}

[Updated on: Wed, 24 March 2010 17:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New footer in Web [message #26001 is a reply to message #25998] Wed, 24 March 2010 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Sergey

Web translation was done considering that if you were browsing in a language and you go to a page not translated, the English version would appear.

The bad thing of this approach is that when you go are in an untranslated English page, as it is not in another language, you do not have the chance to go the original language.

An option I was thinking about was to change the behavior. If a page in another language does not exist, uppweb would clone the English version adding a thin footer indicating that the page is not translated and inviting to translate it.

This would have exceptions like Forum. These would be managed directly by the code that would not add a header.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: New footer in Web [message #26003 is a reply to message #26001] Wed, 24 March 2010 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

That's the problem that in the pure html to solve this problem very difficult.

And we are trying to use the 15-year-old solutions.

I see in the task, just everywhere poke switches language.

Although there are tools such as Cookies, PHP Sessions, HTTP POST and GET variables.

By the way, can the visitor rights at the entrance to the site, what language he prefers. And then during the transition to each page to add a URL something like "?Lang=es".
The only difficulty which this is, we should use PHP or CGI (or something like that).

I do not understand why we refuse to anything but pure html, perhaps it is some demonstration purposes. In my opinion, this type of problem, can not be solved in this basis.

Perhaps this decision was taken because of the documentation that lives inside the program. But it is also possible to easily generate semantic paste from tpp files, and all the mechanics of the site would be dynamic. A variety of modern CMS (content management system) to easily cope with this task (such as Xoops, Drupal or Joomla).

{
}
Re: New footer in Web [message #26004 is a reply to message #26003] Wed, 24 March 2010 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

We can not even take a full CMS, but to make the generation of templates.
For example, I have a site I did as follows: (with your permission, I will mention here two references) The first page is pure html -
http://www.svsoft.ru/uslugi_hosting.html,
and the second from the first page makes the page of the site --
http://www.svsoft.ru/main_uslugi_hosting.html.
In fact, there is an internal script (rather simple) main_.php, who does all the work. I propose to put the same script on the site www.ultimatepp.org. In addition, this script is able to comb the URL and excludes from it all wrong characters.

{
}
Re: New footer in Web [message #26006 is a reply to message #26004] Thu, 25 March 2010 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi guys!

There is a clean solution to this, using pure html Wink If we use subdirectories for each language, like www.ultimatepp.org/ru-ru/some$topic.html. Then each relative link in the page would link to page in given language. For pages that do not exist yet, mod_rewrite can be used to serve user the English version, without loosing the language in address. Similarly, exception could be given for forum and perhaps also for addresses without specified language. I didn't have time to test this solution, but it should work...

Another option, without playing with apache modules, would be similar to what Koldo proposed, just copying the english version with special footer to the other language directory for untranslated files. The forum can probably reside on several addresses, like ultimatepp.org/ru-ru/forum/, using simlinks on server (or rewrites). The only problem then would be with links, but that is minor...

OTOH, I don't say that we should stick to static pages. I'm just listing our options. If the dynamic stuff is written correctly, it can be just as fast and gives much more possibilities...

Regards,
Honza
Re: New footer in Web [message #26008 is a reply to message #26006] Thu, 25 March 2010 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

I have already suggested such an approach (doubling in every language and rewrite engine), but he did not fit so that cause additional consumption of disk space.

By the way how to deal with the moment when a man goes into a forum, and then returned. Which language he would have to do this?

{
}
Re: New footer in Web [message #26072 is a reply to message #26008] Tue, 30 March 2010 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello all

There have been included some changes in web, adding a header in untranslated pages linked directly and in some cases indirectly to left menu.

It says in the untranslated language header: "This page has not been translated yet. Do you want to translate it?"

There is also in the footer a link to "Do you want to contribute?" inviting to add new contents to web.

Not all web pages at all have been translated. Only the first and in some times second layer of pages linked to left menu.

Forum page is the only one that remains only in English.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: New footer in Web [message #26074 is a reply to message #26072] Tue, 30 March 2010 15:32 Go to previous message
Contributor

Great!!! But, what to do with switch to Forum? Maybe we should do Cookies? This operation is done with Cookies entirely without problems.
It is necessary during the generation, insert a small piece of PHP. And in the htaccess file need to register to html to be processed as php.

I think even that can constrain such insertion only into the template of FUD-Forum.

If you have prepared templates for the site for FUD Forum, I can dig on this issue. (Need templates for ultimate FUD Forum without sql database).

Maybe everybody will like mechanism and we can even extend the functionality of the site and simplify the process of generation.

{
}
Previous Topic: uppweb breaks during startup with an error Segmentation fault
Next Topic: I propose make link from www.ntllib.org to ultimatepp.org
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:43:53 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01276 seconds