Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » RichText,QTF,RTF... » RichEditCtrl
RichEditCtrl [message #25988] Tue, 23 March 2010 13:47 Go to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Well, I'm using now richeditctrl and I find it awesome Smile

But, as nothing is perfect, I'd like to have a couple of stuffs more !

1) In the toolbar, there are really many controls but... missing the view zoom one. It'll be really useful to be able to set a zoom factor relative to 100% true font size.

2) RTF import... It works about 99%, but with images it has big problems; importing from, for example, openoffice RTFs drops all images, doesn't matter on how they're anchored. It should at least import character-anchored images, or images-as-a-char, like QTF ones. It could also import other images, anchoring them to first character, for example, so we could move later on right place.
Of course, the best would be a complete support for character, paragraph, page and document anchored images, but I guess that'll be too difficult Smile

3) I got some problems with utf8 chars; the 'ρ' character, for example, refuses to appear as it should, an hex code appears instead. Maybe it's because the control isn't in utf8 mode ? If so, there's a way to put it in that mode ?

4) As a consequence of point 3, I got a crash trying to resize characters on whole page when that page contained the ρ character. Removing it made it working.

5) It would be handy to support images drag'n drop directly from files; now dragging an image brings it full path as a text.

6) Last but not least.... it would also be nice the ability to extend standar toolbar by callback. For example, I needed an "RTF import" button and I had to add on layout after the control, but it would have been better to have it added to control toolbar.

Well... that's all Smile

Ciao

Max
Re: RichEditCtrl [message #25993 is a reply to message #25988] Wed, 24 March 2010 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Problems 3 and 4 solved my Mirek, thanx Smile
Problem 6 already feasible, code was on UWord example, and it works quite well.

For point 1, I'd like to know if there's a way to find the zoom factor to make fonts appear in real sizes on screen... the rest is simple.

Still opened issues 2 and 5 Smile

Ciao

Max
Re: RichEditCtrl [message #26036 is a reply to message #25993] Fri, 26 March 2010 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mdelfede wrote on Wed, 24 March 2010 08:01

Problems 3 and 4 solved my Mirek, thanx Smile
Problem 6 already feasible, code was on UWord example, and it works quite well.

For point 1, I'd like to know if there's a way to find the zoom factor to make fonts appear in real sizes on screen... the rest is simple.

Still opened issues 2 and 5 Smile

Ciao

Max

Issue 5 implemented.

Issue 1: About "real sizes", please, let us not start this again.... (search the forum for previous debates).

Issue 2: Alerting Tom.. Smile

Mirek
Re: RichEditCtrl [message #26047 is a reply to message #26036] Fri, 26 March 2010 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Fri, 26 March 2010 18:01

Issue 5 implemented.

Smile Very, but very thanx ! It works perfectly !

Quote:

Issue 1: About "real sizes", please, let us not start this again.... (search the forum for previous debates).

I was meaning just to add a button on toolbar, not to have the "real" sizes, but otoh I've seen that's quite easy to add custom buttons there... so no need for that.

Quote:

Issue 2: Alerting Tom.. Smile

Well, well Smile If you get paragraph/page anchored images and a good rtf import of them, I think UWORD could compete with M$WORD on functionality.... But I guess you'll need some tweaking on QTF format for that.

Ciao

Max

[Updated on: Fri, 26 March 2010 21:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RichEditCtrl [message #26048 is a reply to message #26036] Fri, 26 March 2010 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rylek is currently offline  rylek
Hi there!

I'm afraid the main problem with RTF image import lies in the fact that Word normally stores images as Windows metafiles; even plain raster images are formally wrapped into metafile streams. Therefore I'm afraid that to implement RTF image import under Linux, a necessary precondition would be to write a metafile interpreter in U++; while I believe this to be an important step extending the range of U++ usability, it's not a thing I can promise to write tomorrow.

Regards

Tomas
Re: RichEditCtrl [message #26050 is a reply to message #26048] Fri, 26 March 2010 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
rylek wrote on Fri, 26 March 2010 21:45

Hi there!

I'm afraid the main problem with RTF image import lies in the fact that Word normally stores images as Windows metafiles; even plain raster images are formally wrapped into metafile streams. Therefore I'm afraid that to implement RTF image import under Linux, a necessary precondition would be to write a metafile interpreter in U++; while I believe this to be an important step extending the range of U++ usability, it's not a thing I can promise to write tomorrow.

Regards

Tomas

Hy Tomas,

do you think also OpenOffice rtf files store images as WMF ?

Max

Better thinking about, there's libwmf which is able to convert wmf to svg files.... that one could to the trick Smile

Max

[Updated on: Fri, 26 March 2010 22:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RichEditCtrl [message #26052 is a reply to message #26050] Fri, 26 March 2010 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mdelfede wrote on Fri, 26 March 2010 17:43

Hi there!

Regards

Tomas

Hy Tomas,

do you think also OpenOffice rtf files store images as WMF ?

Max

Better thinking about, there's libwmf which is able to convert wmf to svg files.... that one could to the trick Smile

Max

Yeah, great. svg parser, anybody? Smile

Mirek
Re: RichEditCtrl [message #26063 is a reply to message #26052] Sat, 27 March 2010 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Fri, 26 March 2010 23:03

Yeah, great. svg parser, anybody? Smile

Mirek

Yep, right.... that one is still missing Sad

But anyways libwmf can convert to png/jpg too... not a wonderful solution, but for the moment could be used to import wmf.

Ciao

Max
Re: RichEditCtrl [message #28362 is a reply to message #26048] Mon, 30 August 2010 17:16 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor

Hi there!

Regards

Tomas

Hi Thomas,

I've looked at WMF specs, they seems to me almost trivial.
What would be the needed steps to have WMF handled by UPP rtf ?
I mean... the right place where to put the WMF parser.

Ciao

Max
Previous Topic: Convert help topics in html pages
Next Topic: how to put a custom ctrl on RichTextView?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:48:14 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01288 seconds