Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » Proposal: add WhenScroll to ArrayCtrl
Proposal: add WhenScroll to ArrayCtrl [message #26014] Thu, 25 March 2010 22:11 Go to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Helped me a much in the recent project (STermPro). Sometimes you need custom actions on scroll position change (i.e. some intellectual redrawing and cells drawing cache update).

+ ArrayCtrl.h @ 331
	Callback          WhenScroll;

+ ArrayCtrl.cpp @ 854
	WhenScroll();

[Updated on: Thu, 25 March 2010 22:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Proposal: add WhenScroll to ArrayCtrl [message #26087 is a reply to message #26014] Wed, 31 March 2010 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor

Please, add this handler to ArrayCtrl if noone objects.
Re: Proposal: add WhenScroll to ArrayCtrl [message #26124 is a reply to message #26087] Fri, 02 April 2010 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Mindtraveller wrote on Wed, 31 March 2010 07:43

Please, add this handler to ArrayCtrl if noone objects.

I probably will, but tell me more. I have a little feeling that I am adding a patch for some bad practice here... Smile (and the number of ArrayCtrl callbacks is already pretty high).
Re: Proposal: add WhenScroll to ArrayCtrl [message #26203 is a reply to message #26124] Mon, 12 April 2010 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor

OK. Have you seen my STermPro app? It has ArrayGrid with some custom drawing behaviour. I mean, if your record is very large ("tall") and it covers multimple "screens", it is convenient to have some "summary" information even if the main part of record is scrolled many screens up. So, each time user scrolls ArrayCtrl, I draw this summary info inside the visible region of record.
It is ok, but ArrayCtrl has internal drawing cache, which is very clever, of course. But I need to update some parts of this cache each time user scrolls ArrayCtrl, because what I draw inside these grids actually depends on scroll bar position. That is why I need WhenScroll event.
Re: Proposal: add WhenScroll to ArrayCtrl [message #26240 is a reply to message #26203] Fri, 16 April 2010 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
OK, it is there... Smile

Mirek
Re: Proposal: add WhenScroll to ArrayCtrl [message #26241 is a reply to message #26240] Fri, 16 April 2010 15:22 Go to previous message
Experienced Contributor

Thank you very much.
Previous Topic: GridCtrl::Reset does not reset.
Next Topic: Set GridCtrl read only when editing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:16:05 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01083 seconds