Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » TopWindow&PopUp, TrayIcon » Adding transparent Ctrls to main window
Adding transparent Ctrls to main window [message #26081] Tue, 30 March 2010 21:41 Go to next message
bushman is currently offline  bushman
Experienced Member

I´ve learned how to load an image and set it as my main window background. Now, is it possible to add transparent Ctrls to the main window, so that the background image is visible through the Ctrl panes?

I´m running on Windows.

Thank you!

[Updated on: Tue, 30 March 2010 21:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Adding transparent Ctrls to main window [message #26102 is a reply to message #26081] Thu, 01 April 2010 13:29 Go to previous message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
In some cases yes, but mainly no. Ctrls tend to draw their own backgrounds ('w.DrawRect(GetSize(), SColorPaper)' usually), so whether or not it can be made transparent is up to the Ctrl.

ArrayCtrl has a NoBackground option, and some other controls will not draw their background if IsTransparent is set. You'll just have to look at each one. You will have a problem with things like buttons because they are drawn according to native theming and the background for the edges/rounded corners is baked into the theme image. You will have to modify their Chameleon style to get those to look right I think.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 April 2010 13:47]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How to call a window, hanging in the tray on the key NumLock?
Next Topic: [SOLVED] topmost menu popup crashes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:59:24 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04756 seconds